Playing Tieflings

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Maybe the tiefling had an accident/injury and the tail was amputated; make it a cursed wound or something like that so that it would take a wish spell to restore the tail.

Nothing wrong with a little self mutilation to fit in...
review_hthellboy_3.jpg

(Edit: ninja’d!)

Goatlike legs- and possibly a tail- could be concealed by long robes, dusters, Hakama pants and the like.

sam-hak-front.jpg

Last edited:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I think the other issue I don't necessarily LIKE the idea of a giant tail or giant horns. I am OK with clearly infernal traits like weird eyes or small horns, but the big stuff is too Anime for my brain's palate.
You realize the proper fix is just to watch way more anime?

Ymdar

Explorer
A tail is fine in the summer but if you don't have fur on it, it will get quite cold. Especially if you have a hole in your trousers where it comes out. You should consider keeping it warm.

Nick Lehtimaki

First Post
true. We definitely are more human-centric than typical.

I think the other issue I don't necessarily LIKE the idea of a giant tail or giant horns. I am OK with clearly infernal traits like weird eyes or small horns, but the big stuff is too Anime for my brain's palate.

Tieflings exist to go full Anime.

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
All this talk of giant tails somehow suddenly makes me picture a tiefling in a white dress with a “bridesmaid” henchman following, lifting up the tail behind her as she walks like a wedding gown train.

Al2O3

Explorer
The goto literature for 4e/5e tieflings is the Brimstone Angeles Saga. There is at least one secondary character who is a tiefling with the tail and horns cut off.

"I want to seem like a human" or "being called out as different always upsets me" could be starting points for flaw, trait or similar.

ccs

41st lv DM
[MENTION=6803664]ccs[/MENTION] whew "traditional small devil horns " and "tipped with traditional arrowhead shape"

so there is a traditional shape of extra Body parts for tieflings, you never stop learning :)

(Traditional pointy ears and traditional cats eyes anyone?)

Yes, traditional - You know, as in how you usually see not-D&D pictures of the devil/devil inspired characters drawn. Stereotypical if you want a different word.

If you've still got a problem? Hop in your time machine & go alter how artists have been drawing this stuff for who-knows how many generations.

Remove ads