Playtest a Celtic-Roman RPG about humble townsfolk

Hi En World,

I'm playtesting an indie RPG over Discord and all are welcome!

What's the Game?
Legends of Avallen is an approachable TTRPG about humble townsfolk who rise up to become legends on a mystical island inspired by Celtic mythology and Roman-occupied Britain. To forge your legend you will seek out lost relics, outwit terrific beasts, riddle with the Gods, challenge personal flaws, master professions, weapons, & magics, and get lost with friends in the entrancing Otherworld of the Fae.

The gameplay encourages creativity, teamwork, and resourcefulness by granting you advantages when you engage with your surroundings and giving interesting decisions when you fail, instead of ending your play. For gamemasters, Legends of Avallen promises to let you handily run compelling content with scene templates, a mix-and-match monster-maker, and Fate Cards that add tension, drama, and a ticking clock to risky situations.

You can read more about LoA here: www.LegendsOfAvallen.co.uk

What's the Playtest?
Fires Under Ynys Werth: As a new draftee into the local townguard, you are on called to save your fellow townsfolk from a fire and then investigate the otherworldly happenings that have your community on edge. Will you save your hometown and begin your legend?

This is an introductory adventure that gradually introduces the rules of the game with no prior knowledge required. It’s designed for 2-5 players and has two sessions, each lasting 3-4 hours. We are playing over on Discord, you just need to turn up!

Where do I sign-up?
Great question! The google sign-up form is here: Legends of Avallen: Online Playtesting
Bringing along some of your friends is the easiest way to hop in on the fun, but we will, of course, find a group for you if you sign up by yourself! And there is no limit (for now!) on how many people can sign up.

Thanks for reading and hopefully I'll see you in the Otherworld!
Deren

Remove ads