Playtesters for Dungeon Bash World - apply here

Flyspeck23

First Post
Todays news at TOGC is a big one: the two planned expansions for Dungeon Bash will be combined into a single product called Dungeon Bash World. The DB Blog has all the details.

Long story short, we're looking for playtesters. Do you want the job?
All you need is a lot of Dungeon Bash experience.

Apply by posting in this thread or send me an eMail. In any case we would need a short description of your playing experience (DB and the d20 System), why you are interested in playtesting the DB expansion, and how many players will help you doing the playtest.

Because we'll assign different parts of the rules to different groups in phase 1 (phase 2 includes a selected few playtesters testing the whole expansion) you could also decide which part of the expansion you are more interested in, cities or wilderness.

What are you waiting for? ;)

SgtHulka

First Post
I can't wait for this! Can I make a humble request? That you make the wilderness portion compatible with the variant hex grid rules found here?. I'm not asking that you don't use a square grid for the rules...I'm just asking you to keep hexes in the back of your mind so you don't have a rule that specifically prohibits players from converting to hexes, because I'd like to use the heroscape hex tiles for this game.

Skarn Rapajya

First Post
Petition for Playtester Status

Flyspeck23 said:
Because we'll assign different parts of the rules to different groups in phase 1 (phase 2 includes a selected few playtesters testing the whole expansion) you could also decide which part of the expansion you are more interested in, cities or wilderness.

I would be most interested in playtesting the urban aspect of the system. Part of why I'm interested in this area is that for several of my standard DB games, I've had an NPC smith character(s) created using the Expert NPC class, and/or "Buy the Numbers" to manufacture special gear for the PCs. I'm very interested in seeing how he(they) would integrate with your new rules.

Also, although not directly DB related, what get me interested in DB in the first place was fond memories of Warhammer Quest, along with its tables for continuing the game back to and into towns and cities. This is a good part of why I'm interested in DB World.

A> Playing Experience, DB:

Strictly solo DB experiences, using AutoREALM for mapping, Fiery Dragon's Counter Collections for monster & character images, Notepad for character sheets and record keeping, and software dice rollers which are as close to statistically random as I can find.

Several submitted house rules & themed encounter lists including demonic encounters, and the .NET based software Random Encounter Turn Tracker which I posted some time ago to this board.

SciFi BugHunt DB. It started with D20 Future closed content, then I did a little work on creating some open stuff and submitted preliminaries.

DB Sewers/Rogues' Gallery, with several new player race enemies including Elven, Gnomish, and Halfling Rogues. (Don't remember if I submitted my monster lists for this one or not.)

The downside: I've never made it to high-levels in DB, as around levels 6-8, I get so bogged down in paperwork to keep track of everything that the game starts to lose its luster.

B> Playing Experience, D20:

Mainly D&D 3.x, but with some Star Wars thrown in. Most of my tabletop experience is sans minis, concentrating on role-playing rather than hack & slash. Notable experiences include creating a PC specifically to disprove the assertion by a GM that a True Neutral character is impossible to play (most real humans qualify as True Neutral).

Also, created a 13th-Level commoner to play in a D&D game by GM request. What stands out about this character is that he was based on a character I'd played as an actor at a renaissaince faire. Ironically, the only changes needed to be made to stock rules in order to match exactly how he'd been played at the faire was the addition of 5 ranks each of Knowledge (Religion) and Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) as 'everyman skills' to reflect actual common knowledge of the period (Henryishian England, circa 1533).

RP tabletop experiences include a Gnome Paladin which dates back to the original 3.0 preview and was then recreated after the full rules were released, a LG Tiefling Paladin whose goal in life was to bring about the end of the Blood War, and a LN Fighter/Knight Protecter of the Great Kingdom who saw to the reformation of said 'Great Kingdom' in an epic campaign.

The downside: I've never GM'd tabletop D20. I'm too much of a rules lawyer at heart. (The players'd lynch me. :) )

Flyspeck23

First Post
Thanks for applying, everyone!

The "beta test" will start soon, and all participants will receive a confirmation email in a few days (and a NDA for good measure ;) ).

More information can be found here .

Last edited:

Remove ads