Playtesting?

BlackMoria

First Post
It might be at your end or somewhere in between you and the Wizard's site because I been to the site several time in the last few minutes and there is no delay at all for me accessing the site or their forums.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Darkwolf71 said:
I can't believe they decided on a random process. My group would love to get ahold of this and put it through the ringer. If there was an actual application, I'm certain we would be in. This... just stinks. :(

I can see how they might want playtesters from across the spectrum, and not just experienced gamers who can jump up and down on things to break them. Though, of course, those are going to be valuable.

Brad

Darkwolf71

First Post
cignus_pfaccari said:
I can see how they might want playtesters from across the spectrum, and not just experienced gamers who can jump up and down on things to break them. Though, of course, those are going to be valuable.

Brad
I can see that.
However, they could easily have screened for more or less experience at a whim. Randomness, IMHO will just decrease the overall quality of testing base. (Not to mention leave most of us out in the cold.)

The_Baldman

Explorer
Darkwolf71 said:
I can see that.
However, they could easily have screened for more or less experience at a whim. Randomness, IMHO will just decrease the overall quality of testing base. (Not to mention leave most of us out in the cold.)

and please realize (most seem to keep forgetting) that the RPGA already has a batch of groups that are handpicked and done. So they probably already have the spectrum they wanted taken care of and now are sprinkling in the random assortment on top of that for good measure. They are not idiots (though I am depending on the day).

Dave C

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
Awesome. I'll check my email tomorrow and if there's nothing in there I can safely ignore 4E until some time next year when I'll get a chance to pick it up.

--fje

Darkwolf71

First Post
wavester said:
and please realize (most seem to keep forgetting) that the RPGA already has a batch of groups that are handpicked and done. So they probably already have the spectrum they wanted taken care of and now are sprinkling in the random assortment on top of that for good measure. They are not idiots (though I am depending on the day).

Dave C
Handpicked? Do we know that? I remember seeing mention that the RPGA selection was finished, but nothing on how it was done. As far as I know it could have been random as well. (And being a quality player is not a prereq for joining. ;) )

Remove ads