Please Citique Vaerlûn (Unique Unicorn)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Please Citique Vaerlûn (Unique Unicorn)

Hit Dice: 6D10+44 (79 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 70 ft (14 squares), fly 70 feet (average)
Armor Class: 25 (-2 size, +5 Dex, +12 natural) touch 13, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+13
Attack: Horn +22 melee (2d6+16)
Full Attack: Horn +22 melee (2d6+16), 2 hooves +19 melee (1d6+18) and bite +19 melee (2d6+13)
Space/Reach: 15 ft/15ft
Special Attacks: Smite good
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft, magic circle against evil, spell-like abilities, immunity to poison, charm an compulsion, damage reduction 5/magic, low-light vision, resistance to acid 10, cold 10, electricity 10 and fire 10, scent, spell resistance 16, wild empathy
Saves: Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +11
Abilities: Str 36, Dex 21, Con 29, Int 14, Wis 21, Cha 26
Skills: Jump +21, Listen +11, Move Silently +9, Spot +11, Survival +8*
Feats: Alertness, Skill Focus (Survival)
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 6
Treasure: None
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: -

A huge equine stares at you from afar. It has gleaming red leathery coat and a pair of bat wings that it has folded down against its sides and back. You also notice that it has a crimson red horn stained with blood. It neighs and lets out a breath, then lowers it haed and starts running at you with maximum velocity.

COMBAT
Vaerlûn attacks anybody or anything she views a threat to her dominion. She is a reckless, unforgiving fighting machine and shows no mercy. Her favored combat tactic is surprising her foes, charging at them with intent to wound with her horn. Get up close and personal with her is not wise as she is quite capable at attacking with her hooves and has a nasty bite as well. Vaerlûn’s horn acts as a +3 magic weapon which loses this bonus if it is removed from her.

Magic Circle Against Evil (Su): This ability continuously duplicates the effect of the spell. Vaerlûn cannot suppress this ability.

Smite Good (Su): Once per day Vaerlûn can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal to her HD (+6) against a good foe.

Spell-Like Abilities: Vaerlûn can use detect evil at will as a free action. Once per day she can use teleport to move anywhere within her home. She cannot teleport beyond her forest boundaries or back from outside.

Vaerlûn can use cure light wounds three times day and cure moderate wounds once per day (caster level 5th) by touching herself or a wounded creature with her horn. Once per day, she can use it to neutralize poison (DC 21, caster level 8th).

Vaerlûn can use darkness three times per day and desecrate and unholy blight once per day (all these abilities have a caster level of 6th, and the save DCs are Charisma based).

Wild Empathy (Ex): This power works like the druids wild empathy class feature, except that Vaerlûn has a +6 bonus on the check.

-----------
I know the skill points are off, and I'm not sure about the CR. Anyway, what other things need to be fixed?

Last edited:

Turanil

First Post
I would have made it a half-fiend or fiendish unicorn. The story would tell about an odious crossbreeding between a nightmare and a unicorn, or maybe about a unicorn raped by demon... Well :heh:

Knight Otu

First Post
Is this an unique unique creature, or templated?

Size/Type are presumably Huge Magical Beast, right?
Hit Dice should be 6d10+54 (87 hp)

Base Attack/Grapple should be +6/+27
Attacks should be Horn +17 melee (2d6+13), 2 hooves +12 melee (1d6+6) and bite +12 melee (2d6+6)

Will Save should be +7

Skills: Can max out 4 skills at 9 ranks (36 skill points). Even without ranks, Jump is +29 (+16 speed, +13 Strength), so the other skills can easily take priority.

Jump +29, Listen +16, Move Silently +14, Spot +16, Survival +17*
Feats: Should have 3 feats. I'd suggest Multiattack as a feat, changing the hoof and bite attacks to +15 melee each.

Challenge Rating may border on 7.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Double Templated. I used the half-fiend template from the MM and the Dire Template from Tome of Horrors. You think this is one bad monster, I have it planned for her to hitch up with a dragon! Can't wait to stat up her offspring!

Knight Otu

First Post
Frukathka said:
Double Templated. I used the half-fiend template from the MM and the Dire Template from Tome of Horrors. You think this is one bad monster, I have it planned for her to hitch up with a dragon! Can't wait to stat up her offspring!
Dire unicorn, so?:uhoh: That explains the higher will save, though it should be +10 "only", then. did you use the template straight from the book, or the revised one from the Necro Website?

Remove ads