Please Critique: Sacred Radiance

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Sacred Radiance [Exalted]
You can spend a turning attempt to empower the intensity of the light surrounding you.
Prerequisites: Holy Radiance
Benefit: You can spend one of your turning attempts to add ten feet times your Charisma bonus to your halo. The extended halo lasts for a number of rounds equal to the amount of exalted feats you have. Undead within your halo take 1d6 points of damage per round.

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
1d6 + Caster Level?! That's just wrong.

1/ It's ambiguous. Would an Exalted Sorc19/Clr1 be able to deal 1d6+19 damage?

2/ It's silly. Why should an Exalted Monk/Cleric be less holy than an Exalted Cleric?

3/ It's overpowered. Caster level can be boosted in a number of ways, EXPESIALLY Cleric caster level.

For the kind of duration you're talking about, I'd say 1d6 Holy damage would be fine.

The rest looks okay. Personally I'd tie duration to 1/2 class level (or 1/2 HD, same diff).

-- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I still hate the "1d6 + caster level" damage. IMHO just 1d6 per round is MORE than sufficient, especially given all the other damage you'll be doing. Even at just 1d6, this power is basically immunity to undead mooks.

Up the damage to 2d6 if you think it should really hurt.

But a flat bonus that quickly -- QUICKLY -- outstrips the base damage? Too strong.

-- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Frukathka said:
Not sure if I undestand this.

Think about it this way. Cure Light Wounds heals 1d8+min(level,5). Why? Because avg(1d8) = 4.5. So caster level bonus is roughly equal to base.

-- N

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Yep, looks good -- no save, untyped damage, VERY strong effect (since this affects incorporeal undead, undead with Turn resistance, SR, DR, magic immunity... actually, you should say if this is Su, Sp or Ex. I'd suggest Su, and Attack action (like Turning)).

Maybe someone else should give you advice too though?

-- N

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases