• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please help me name a fungus-wielding caster...

Stormbow

Explorer
I'm not even gonna lie— I'm straight-up stealing the concept of Animists from Dark Age of Camelot, but with "Animist" being somewhere in Druid/UA already, I need a different name.

Basically, this arcane caster class summons mushrooms that have a short life expectancy and can deliver a wide variety of spell effects. For what it's worth, I plan on using official spells— re-flavored to have the mushroom aesthetic —for balance purposes.

The primary bearers of this class will be Myconids, and their spells may be learned by the outside world provided the caster learns how to emit spores themself...

Any ideas on a class name?

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
"DMMikes?"

Isn't it a little weird that mushroom-people are the ones teaching others to summon and eat mushrooms? Or are the summoned shrooms just a tool for channeling magic?

Stormbow

Explorer
Circle of Spores Druid? :)
That's the one!
Mycomancers?
I think we got a winner.
Sporelord
Podcaster
Oh. My. God. My player's will love those puns!
"DMMikes?"

Isn't it a little weird that mushroom-people are the ones teaching others to summon and eat mushrooms? Or are the summoned shrooms just a tool for channeling magic?
Well...not so much "eat" as "use the power of".

Remove ads