• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Please read: ENW policy regarding molestation, rape, and other such discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven Crowking

First Post
In the recent event a discussion about in-game rape occurred under very congenial "I abhor this in real life but it occurs in my game world" discussion, and it very understandably made a lot of people furious. That's a problem in part because the moderators, quite correctly following our rules, moderated the people who lost their temper and not the polite person who brought up the subject regarding his game. 'Cause hey, using babies as human shields is truly repugnant too, but a thread where bad guys in a game do this won't even raise an eyebrow; shouldn't a discussion of in-game rape be treated the same way?

We've decided, quite correctly, not a friggin' chance.

<snip>

So we apologize

<snip>

Questions?

Yes.

If EN World recognizes that mistakes were made, kudos to you.

I assume, then, that those who should have been moderated will now be dealt with appropriately, and that those who were inappropriately moderated -- and, perhaps, banned from the site as a result -- will receive an apology and an invitation back?

Because, if not, it isn't the decision you are trying to undo; it is the consequence of the decision. And if it is only the consequence of the decision you are trying to undo, I don't believe that is acceptable.

Obviously, I am only asking in a general sense. I am not asking you to comment on any specific moderation. But if anyone remains banned for trying to bring the site owner & staff to come to the conclusion that you seem to have here, I cannot in good conscious remain associated with EN World.

A great nation is like a great man:
When he makes a mistake, he realizes it.
Having realized it, he admits it.
Having admitted it, he corrects it.
He considers those who point out his faults as his most benevolent teachers.

-- Lao Tzu​

Time to decide how great, or how petty, EN World is to be.

RC

EDIT: "Silence also speaks"

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
But if anyone remains banned for trying to bring the site owner & staff to come to the conclusion that you seem to have here, I cannot in good conscious remain associated with EN World.

You mean anyone including those people who spearheaded a cross-forum trolling expedition? Yeah, I can't see any reason why those people should be allowed back. And speaking of "petty" - your attempt to force the hand of moderation? Petty.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
We're not going to debate this, guys. It's not going to impact 99% of people on this site, mostly because they're already wise enough to use good common sense when posting. And it's okay if you disagree with me, but it isn't optional.

As Piratecat says, we are not going to debate this; it appears that leaving this thread open is seen as an encouragement of debate, so I'm closing it.

Thanks.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
A responsible decision on the part of Enworld moderators.

Anyone who tries to justify rape is a very bad man and should be censured.
Agreed. Under the theory "don't moderate when furious," I've waited a week before addressing individuals from this debacle. Wow, posting this was bad judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads