Please remove Demiplane of Dread Story Award next season

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
The existing Barexit rule isn't terribly odious -- you spend 20 downtime days to exit Barovia after playing a single module (unless you play one of the two modules that have an exit built in). The price goes up if you gain one of a handful of negative story awards, or if you exit and then return.

I'd be more sympathetic to lowering this if I felt 20 downtime days was really all that ridiculous a cost to spend, or if there was a clear outpouring of support online to play modules like The Tempter, which is truly an outstanding Ravenloft module. But let's be honest -- the people who are asking for the penalty to be reduced or eliminated are really hoping to play that one adventure with the Ring of Spell Storing and then bail. The irony is that it's not that difficult to do that as it is, but these people seem to think that even having this cost is offensive when they can item-mine other modules without paying the cost. I see no reason to take one of the few things that remains atmospheric about AL and throw it out to cater to those players.

--
Pauper

AriochQ

Adventurer
The existing Barexit rule But let's be honest -- the people who are asking for the penalty to be reduced or eliminated are really hoping to play that one adventure with the Ring of Spell Storing and then bail. --
Pauper

Actually that is not the case. I can only assume you are projecting your AL playstyle on everyone else.

Personally, I have a character working through the CoS Hardcover in a group that meets sporadically, 4 hours of play every two or three weeks, and I would like the be able to play him other places rather than have to sideline him for 6-12 months just because he is in the middle of CoS.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Actually that is not the case. I can only assume you are projecting your AL playstyle on everyone else.

Personally, I have a character working through the CoS Hardcover in a group that meets sporadically, 4 hours of play every two or three weeks, and I would like the be able to play him other places rather than have to sideline him for 6-12 months just because he is in the middle of CoS.

How dare you question the word of the Prophet! They know the greed that lies in the hearts of players better than the players themselves!

The tenets of Pauperism tell us that far too many players are in danger of actually enjoying the game. Too much gold, too many magic items, and now? Too much down time!

These things must be taken from them at every opportunity, for their own good.

You have to keep them beaten down and poor or they won't appreciate how good they have it.

Remove ads