• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pogre's Story Hour - with Pics of Minis & Scenery (Final Update)

pogre

Legend
Episode 12

Episode 12
Pogre’s campaign – To Save a Soul

“I do not hear anything,” Johann stated. He began lowering himself into the chamber. He motioned for the cleric to follow him.

“I am going to stay up here and keep watch,” Shannon stated. The Sorcerer also stayed up.

0211_looking_out_on_hill_th.jpg

Looking out on the hill.

“What is that?” Scapa cried out to Shannon. The sorcerer was pointing to some sort of tiny black creature flying towards them.

“I don’t know, maybe a bat?” Shannon replied.

“Hey gents, guess what we found?” Johann yelled up to them.

0212_bridget_johann_jump_down_th.jpg

The treasure stash discovery.

The two men were concentrating on the shape flying towards them, trading guesses on what it might be. The beast suddenly gained speed and swooped towards Shannon.

“That thing just spit on me and it burns like Hades!” Shannon shouted.

It looked like acid to the Sorcerer. It dawned on him very quickly what the little flying creature might be. He watched as the beast flew a distance away and dove into the swamp water. The sorcerer called out,

“Pouco dragon nós não queremos nenhuma luta. Conversa vinda a nós.”

“What was that?” Shannon asked.

“Draconic,” Scapa answered grimly.

“You don’t mean to tell me…” Shannon started to ask, but was cut short by the sight of a dark shape flying towards them again.

Scapa prepared an arcane attack waiting for an opportunity to loose it. The shape flew past the fighter and Scapa unleashed his spell. The magic bolt hit home, and it was clear the little beast was a drake. The drake flew on biting Scapa on the neck as it went by. Scapa collapsed as blood rushed from his wound. Shannon ran over to his side.

“I’ve got a problem up here,” he yelled to his companions below.

“What is happening up there?” Johann yelled.

“Scapa is down and he is dying. We are being attacked by a small dragon.”

“What are you saying!” Johann protested.

“Pass him down here quickly,” Bridget demanded.

The fighters passed the sorcerer down to the cleric’s care. Johann laid him at the priestess’s feet while she prayed over his neck and sealed his wounds. Shannon cried out as the little drake flew past and raked him with its claw. By the time Shannon looked up the beast had disappeared into the swamp muck again.

“That thing is picking me apart,” Shannon yelled.

“Well, get down here,” Johann replied.

The cleric had stabilized Scapa, but he was still in bad shape. She called on her god’s help with two more prayers and the sorcerer rose, miraculously revived.

“Do you realize we’re rats in a barrel down here?” Scapa asked the others.

0213_pcs_in_pit_th.jpg

Whole group down in the pit.

Almost as if cued, a small reptilian head peaked over the hole’s edge. A rain of acidic spittle came down towards the group. They threw themselves against the walls of the chamber, but all were at least splashed by the attack. The little drake then made a tactical error by charging after the group.

The ensuing battle was vicious, but in a matter of rounds the drake realized it had made a colossal mistake. After wounding three of the adventurers it decided it had taken enough of their blows and retreated rapidly back out of the hole. The group realizing they might not have much of a respite from the beast’s attacks, began gathering treasure as fast as possible. Ten minutes later they were limping away from the place into the muck of the swamp.

Bridget was worried and said, “I am out of divine favors. If the beast returns I will not be able to call upon my god’s aid.”

“He will be back. Look at what we hauled out of there,” Scapa pointed out. “How far is it?”

“Six miles to the village,” Shannon answered.

“That’s too far,” a frustrated Johann added.

The group trudged on through the muck.

To be continued…

Last edited:

Caliber

Explorer
Baby Dragons can be nasty little buggers. Although engaging in melee probably is a bad idea ...

Did you have a mini for the dragon? Can we see?

pogre

Legend
Did you have a mini for the dragon? Can we see?
Sadly, not a small enough one - the MM calls for a 3' long dragon - I am not even sure if there is a dragon at that scale. I do have some old Citadel baby dragons, but they are about the size of small sheep scale-wise. The two I have painted are red and green respectively.

I should get off my rearend and do some sculpting I know - my brother was only too happy to point this out to me.

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
Episode 13

Episode 13
Pogre’s campaign – To Save a Soul

The adventurers, unsure of the Dragon’s condition were pushing towards Lannington.

0301_retreat_through_the_swamp_th.jpg

The adventurers heading for the village.

The party had company though; a group of humanoids had been carefully following their movement through the swamp ready to strike.

0302_gnoll_ambush_th.jpg

Humanoid view.

The humanoids emerged from the undergrowth and launched a volley of missiles at the group. Johann quickly assessed the situation, and charged ahead.

0303_johann_surrounded_th.jpg

Johann charges.

Johann found himself surrounded and unable to fend off the blows coming down on him from different directions. Johann lashed out at the beasts surrounding him, but every time he stabbed in one direction he was assailed from the opposite side. The rest of the adventurers could see Johann was in trouble and they moved up as quickly as possible.

Johann missed one of the enemies and was rewarded with three simultaneous sword blows. Reeling under the weight of the blows, Johann’s eyes clouded with blood pouring down from his forehead. The sun blurred and then disappeared.

0304_johann_down_th.jpg

Johann down.

Shannon seeing Johann prone on the ground charged up to prevent a coup de grace from being administered. The fury of his blows initially knocked the humanoids back, but they quickly recovered to face the new threat.

0305_shannon_charges_th.jpg

Shannon charges.

Shannon’s two-handed sword began to do its work. The heavy steel sliced into humanoid hide knocking it into a defensive position.

0306_shannon_charges_closeup_th.jpg

Shannon one-on-one with the humanoid.

Shannon just could not seem to get through. The lifeblood was flowing out of Johann and time was running short.

To be continued…

Caliber

Explorer
The smallest Dragon mini I've seen has been WotC's Chainmail dragons, which were roughly man-sized.

It seems like your party likes to charge into the thick of it ... not a good habit at low levels.

What are the humanoid minis from?

Remove ads