Points of Light from Goodman Games

TThe idea of edition neutral settings really appeals to me. I'd love any hints you could give as to potential future settings you might do.

If it sells it will be a series like Dungeon Crawl Classics except for settings.

As for what the next settings will be they will cover a broad range of regions, themes, and time periods. As there four lands per product we can get really crazy with one or two. With the half page map we can probably cram 6 or 8 which may work for all planar module. As for the second one I will have to pass talking about it until Goodman Games announces it.

Rob Conley

P.S. As much as I am able to I will be preserving the option of an "Aerth" as much as I can reasonablly can. Because of space constraints I share concepts between lands. For the first one it works best if you think of Borderland, Wildland, and Southland as taking in different time periods as well as different locations.

garyh

First Post
Very cool. Let me toss out there that I think themes besides pseudo-medieval Europe would be really interesting. I'd be all over a book with settings inspired by Asia, the Middle East, Meso-America, and ancient Greece/Rome, for example.

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I'm sticking with 3E/Pathfinder, but I like what I'm seeing here. I've noticed that this is now available for preorder from [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Points-Light-Goodman-Games/dp/0981666361/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218604025&sr=1-2]Amazon,[/ame] and I'll definetely be buying a copy. ;)

Last edited:

I'm sticking with 3E/Pathfinder, but I like what I'm seeing here. I've noticed that this is now available for preorder from Amazon, and I'll definetely be buying a copy. ;)

What stats there are edition neutral. If you were running a points based game (GURPS, HERO) I recommend multiplying the HD or level by a factor.

I'm sticking with 3E/Pathfinder, but I like what I'm seeing here. I've noticed that this is now available for preorder from Amazon, and I'll definetely be buying a copy. ;)
Ditto.

Although I'll be buying it from

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Points-Light-Goodman-Games/dp/0981666361/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1218720266&sr=1-17]Amazon UK[/ame]

Remove ads