Polis: Welcome to the City

Lurker 2.0

First Post
When a population of over ten billion shares a single world, things can get cramped. Tensions arise. And in the Polis, familiarity leads beyond contempt, into loathing, and sometimes, outright violence.
Tonight is just another one of those nights. In the Legless Postman, the crowd watches the ImageCast report a goblin labor riot at the Lorzhin Foundry. And in a private booth, External Agency Director Ju'hn, a thin human man with a hawklike nose, graying hair, and the demeanor of a wooden plank, waits for the mercenaries he's contracted...
Each has recieved a note, simply stating:
"Extraction from Lorzhin, VIP personnel. 5,000 gp apiece. High-Risk."
The premise is simple. Intuiton suggests that the job will not be.

Private Text, Drai'taii: Banur's message is brief as ever: VIP trapped. Secretary is Resistance member. Rescue at all costs.

[OOC: Introduction time! Also, sorry for the delay in getting started.
Edit: Brief Rules: Thoughts in italics, speech in quotation marks, honor system on dice rolling.]

Last edited:

Orichin

First Post
Drai'Tai's intro

Striding in like someone with nothing better to do, Drai'taii pushes aside the door of the Legless Postman, an absent smirk on his face at the mental image of an amputee trying to deliver mail. About average height for an elf, Drai's fair skin and almost white hair stand in stark contrast to his dark clothing. Stepping up to the bar, Drai buys a glass of wine and drifts languidly toward the private booth he was told to meet at. Drai'taii blinks lazily as he seats himself on the bench opposite the director and slides in as if retaking his seat after refreshing his drink. With a discrete nod to Ju'hn, Drai sips his wine and appears to get comfortable for the moment.

OOC: Like a noob I forgot to buy clothes and a spell component pouch during character creation, mind if I backtrack and buy them?

jpwic

First Post
Shortly after Nicolo walks into the Legless Postman he flags down a waitress.

"Hello there, I was told to meet someone named Ju'hn here, I was wondering if you knew what table he was at?" Nicolo asks the waitress. "Oh, and might I say you are easily the most beautiful person I have ever seen." Not as good looking me of course, but mighty fine anyways.

"He's in that booth over there" She says while giggling at Nicolo's flirting.

"Thank you very much," Nicolo says as he takes the waitresses hand and kisses it. With that Nicolo says his good byes and heads over to the booth.

OOC You are assumed to have one of the outfits after character creation. Or at least that is for 1st level characters.

Last edited:

Lurker 2.0

First Post
[OOC: I'll basically allow purchases of under 10 gp on the fly; there's such a proliferance of peddlers and magic vending-machine-equivalents that you don't need to go into detail on buying trifles]

rangerjohn

Explorer
A hulking orc enter the postman, with a sword almost as big, across his back. When he asks for Ju'hn the waitress is glad to send him on his way. He warily takes in the others at the table as he takes his seat. Like I thought, more to this than meets the eye. Ul-than Two-Tusk at your service, he says to Ju'hn.

Lurker 2.0

First Post
"Lorhan Baux. Estimated personal value, twenty-three thousand gold. Chief financial backer of the Whyte Group, majority shareholder of six distinct enterprises, Lorzhin Foundry included." Lu'hn's voice is as unremarkable as his appearance; it takes a great deal of effort not to simply tune him out. He withdraws a small runedisk, which, when touched, projects an illusion of the dwarf in question. Baux is of middling height, weight, and age; his main distinguishing mark is a thick, chest-length beard, the kind that went out of fashion among the dwarves at least fifty years ago.
"Lorzhin Foundry. Building constructed seventy-one years prior. Original purpose, textile manufacture. Employee payroll consists of two dwarves, nineteen humans, one hundred and thirty eight goblins. As of this hour, casualties are believed to be one dwarf, three humans, sixteen goblins. Outside forces are believed to be at work." He gives a quick, almost imperceptible glance towards the orc, the only representative of his species in the bar, then continues. "Insertion will be accomplished by invisibility, silence, and telepathy enhancements. Extraction will be provided by the same means." He does not ask for questions, but his blank silence assumes that you will have some.

Orichin

First Post
A pensive look flashed across Drai's chiseled face for a moment as Ju'hn went over his report. When the director fell silent, Drai spoke:

"Obviously our target is this Lorhan Baux; but how are we to deal with the others trapped inside? Are we to assume everyone but the dwarf to be the opponent?"

rangerjohn

Explorer
Ulthan Two-Tusks

Ulthan nods in agreement with the question, and waits for the ansewer. Then asks some questions of his own. "Why the secrecy, and why the attack in the first place? It the foundry more than it seems? Also how much force are we to use? Subdue or more final?"

jpwic

First Post
"Hmm I don't know about you guys but I've never been one just to run into a situation without knowing whats going on.." Nicolo comments. "If we are going to do this with just the three of us we should do lots of scouting and try to avoid mass slaughters as that may alert them that something is going on."

Lurker 2.0

First Post
"The EAD policy is to avoid unnecessary civilian casualties. However. Lorhan Baux is the primary objective. All other personnel are to be considered expendable." The first question answered as briefly as possible, Lu'hn swivels machine-like towards Ulthan.
"Conventional forces would prove unable to penetrate the barricades prior to civilian casualties. The risk that Lorhan Baux would be among the casualties was deemed too high. Intelligence on Lorzhin Foundry is believed to be entirely complete. Acceptable levels of force are to be judged by agents on a case-by-case basis."
He switches to Nicolo.
"In addition to entry and extraction materials, lesser stealth enhancers will be issued. A warning: these devices bear a small area of effect. Eliminations must be done swiftly and escape of a single foe will trigger the coordination of all enemy forces."
Finally, he resumes staring at an empty point in space. "Further details, including a floor plan of Lorzhin Foundry, may be found within the main Runedisk Storage Facility, in close proximity to the insertion point. Is there assent?"

Remove ads