Poll: Best DC TV Superhero Show

What is the best DC Berlantiverse TV Show?

• Arrow

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Batwoman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Lightning

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Doom Patrol

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • The Flash

• Legends of Tomorrow

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Stargirl

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Supergirl

• Titans

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Poll closed .

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
For me there is a very simple requirement to be a good super hero show. The show is about Superheroes and Supervillains, do they wear their costumes? And how faithful to the comics are these costumes?
Heh. If I had to put together a list of what things I care about the least, costumes and faithfulness to the source material are right at the top of the list.

Orcslayer78

Explorer
Heh. If I had to put together a list of what things I care about the least, costumes and faithfulness to the source material are right at the top of the list.
Then it is no more a tv show about superheroes but only a show about people with superpowers. Plus a lot of people today can't compare the source material because they don't know it.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I stopped watching all the Arrowverse shows because they started sinking into a mire of Angst and despondency. I did tune in for the crossovers but thats about it (I tried to watch Batwoman because I liked Alice, but she was the only good bit in it, Katie was bad)).

I was almost not going to bother with Stargirl but saw a positive review of it so thought I’d try and have been happily suprised. Its a good show, with the fun optimism that season 1 Flash had, some good effects and a good pace.
I noted that episode 5 was entertaining depite NOT having a proper ‘villain fight’ - thats an achievement for a superhero show and episode 6 made up for it.

I do fear that the High School heroes ‘Scoobydoo’ factor, while great in season 1 while the team is assembling, might start weighing the show down if it keeps being a thing in future seasons

Last edited:

TwoSix

Then it is no more a tv show about superheroes but only a show about people with superpowers. Plus a lot of people today can't compare the source material because they don't know it.
I certainly can't, I mostly know the source material through some online browsing and cultural osmosis. Not really relevant to my opinions on the shows, though.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist

I dunno, man. For my money, Legion may be the best TV Superhero show made yet, and it's kinda costume-light.

Last edited:

TwoSix

I feel like Black Lightning is somewhat underrated. The plotting can be a little spotty at times, but it probably has the highest overall level of acting and consistently strong character arcs. Krondon playing Tobias Whale might be my favorite role in the Berlanti-verse.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I stopped watching all the Arrowverse shows because they started sinking into a mire of Angst and despondency. I did tune in for the crossovers but thats about it (I tried to watch Batwoman because I liked Alice, but she was the only good bit in it, Katie was bad)).

I was almost not going to bother with Stargirl but saw a positive review of it so thought I’d try and have been happily suprised. Its a good show, with the fun optimism that season 1 Flash had, some good effects and a good pace.
I noted that episode 5 was entertaining depite NOT having a proper ‘villain fight’ - thats an achievement for a superhero show and episode 6 made up for it.

I do fear that the High School heroes ‘Scoobydoo’ factor, while great in season 1 while the team is assembling, might start weighing the show down if it keeps being a thing in future seasons
What would have made that show even better? Set it as period piece in the 50s, along with all the music, outfits, and cars and stuff.

Snarf Zagyg

I feel like Black Lightning is somewhat underrated. The plotting can be a little spotty at times, but it probably has the highest overall level of acting and consistently strong character arcs. Krondon playing Tobias Whale might be my favorite role in the Berlanti-verse.

In fairness to my rankings, I recently Netflix/HBO Max binged as much of the most recent seasons of all the shows as possible in order to watch the Crisis Crossover, but since BL didn't have its own crossover, I haven't made it to season 3 yet.

Total agreement on the quality of the acting!

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
What would have made that show even better? Set it as period piece in the 50s, along with all the music, outfits, and cars and stuff.

That would have been great indeed! It also would have got around the weirdness of the Dr Midnite AI being born in 1914 and thus over 100 years old!!

Snarf Zagyg

I'm also going to point out that keeping up with the Berlanti-verse is a serious time commitment!

I look forward to that time of year when the shows start dropping on Netflix (and HBO Max now) with a mix of ecstasy and terror; on the one hand, YAY, time to catch up with it.

On the other hand .... this is a serious time commitment! That's six (6!) main shows in the main universe, some of them having more than 20 one-hour episodes.

Wait..... I just realized that keeping up with the Berlanti-verse is basically just like bingeing all of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, every single year.

Woah.

Remove ads