Poll: Best DC TV Superhero Show

What is the best DC Berlantiverse TV Show?

• Arrow

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Batwoman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black Lightning

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Doom Patrol

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • The Flash

• Legends of Tomorrow

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Stargirl

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Supergirl

• Titans

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Poll closed .

Worrgrendel

Explorer
As much as Flash started fun, and I still follow it whenever a new season comes to my local version of Netflix, I prefer Legends because it is more lighthearted and looks at parts of the comics that normally don't get much attention. It also has better writing than many episodes of the Flash.

This. So much this. This is why I voted for Legends.

Yea, I'd just skip season 1, read a recap, and jump right into season 2. Season 2 is good, and season 3 is, IMO, one of the single best seasons of the Berlanti-verse (alongside Flash Season 1 and Arrow Season 2).

Agreed.
Also, "Legends of To-Meow-Meow" in season 4 had me ROFL.

Curious who your favorite characters are on the show? Mine's Mick Rory. The episode with him and the ninja's was epic.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Curious who your favorite characters are on the show? Mine's Mick Rory. The episode with him and the ninja's was epic.
Probably Sara, I think she's had the overall most interesting character development in the show. I also love any episode where Gideon shows up as a person.

ccs

41st lv DM
Until Stargirl came along I'd have voted for Legends. If I could have voted for two....

Though neither beats Adam West's Batman.

ccs

41st lv DM
What would have made that show even better? Set it as period piece in the 50s, along with all the music, outfits, and cars and stuff.

Hmm. The drawback is that then they're locked in to a specific style & everything not fantastical has to match - clothing, cars, mundane items, no end of background details.... Can be done, but there is a budget - wich also has to allow for superhero FX. And if something modern slips in it's noticeably out of place. It also puts alot of stuff past the era off limits.

I think it works great as is - current, with an odd mix. It's just how that particular version of Earth-2 "looks". It's stylized, right off a comic book page. And they get to use whatever pieces of whatever to make it all work.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hmm. The drawback is that then they're locked in to a specific style & everything not fantastical has to match - clothing, cars, mundane items, no end of background details.... Can be done, but there is a budget - wich also has to allow for superhero FX. And if something modern slips in it's noticeably out of place. It also puts alot of stuff past the era off limits.
Yes, I understand that period pieces are more difficult.

Stargirl is the only one I watch, partly because I thought I read it is not part of the Arrowverse, so it should stay fairly uncomplicated and not have a bunch of useless crossovers.

As for this:

I do fear that the High School heroes ‘Scoobydoo’ factor, while great in season 1 while the team is assembling, might start weighing the show down if it keeps being a thing in future seasons.

I have only watched the episodes shown so far on the CW and not the whole season on the DC Universe streaming platform, but they are already showing hints that the children of at least some of the villians have inherited some powers, including the sons of Brainwave and Icicle. So we know that once the parents are out of the way, the offspring will take over as the new ISA to combat the new JSA.

The only thing disappointing so far about Stargirl is the plan to take over the US by the villains. They are led by Germans and Japanese and want to make the US into New America. I would not be surprised if the writers spell it Amerika.

GreyLord

Legend
I really enjoy Legends of Tomorrow as I like the multiple hero vibe, or team vibe. I also like Supergirl as it has somewhat of more notable superheroes (supergirl, martian manhunter, superman...etc). I also enjoy Black Lightning. I really like team ups though.

I've never heard of Stargirl. I'll have to look that up.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Until Stargirl came along I'd have voted for Legends. If I could have voted for two....

Though neither beats Adam West's Batman.

Holy Call Backs ccs, nothing compares to Adam Wests Batman! It is the greatest superhero show to ever be created in any medium

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases