D&D (2024) Poll on DDB about additional material for sale

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I've just received an email for a poll on DDB. I found it interesting.

I was asked about new material to release apart from the books (presumably it would all be digital). They asked about stuff like sound effects, art, how-to guides, new rules, new monsters, lore drops, short adventures, short fiction, playtest material and others.

I also got some questions asking how I felt about purchasing some of that material (presumably stuff that I indicated that I preferred) in packages costing $15 and how often I might be interested in them.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
This would, IMO, be a smart way to "monetize" D&D, but they have to be VERY careful about adding "rules").

Good short adventures never harm the game, nor do extra monsters (when they are built correctly). They could get away with a new take on Dragon Magazine crunchier and less advertise-y than the recent one!)
You can already by rules piecemeal.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
This would, IMO, be a smart way to "monetize" D&D, but they have to be VERY careful about adding "rules").

Good short adventures never harm the game, nor do extra monsters (when they are built correctly). They could get away with a new take on Dragon Magazine crunchier and less advertise-y than the recent one!)
Dragon or Dungeon integrated with DDB would be great.

They have hundreds of old adventures they could update and fix. Seems like a no brainier way to make money.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
You can already by rules piecemeal.
I know! They are asking about new rules, exclusive to DDB. I think that would be a mistake... unless it's in a Dragon Magazine-type format. And/or with the idea that it will appear in a future "official" place. Though that seems more like UA than Dragon to me.

Adventures are fine. They can update old Dungeon ones, or get some from DMsGuild. Or both!

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I know! They are asking about new rules, exclusive to DDB. I think that would be a mistake... unless it's in a Dragon Magazine-type format. And/or with the idea that it will appear in a future "official" place. Though that seems more like UA than Dragon to me.

Adventures are fine. They can update old Dungeon ones, or get some from DMsGuild. Or both!
An awful lot of rules only appear in old dragon mags. While I generally agree with you that I'd prefer that not be the case..... It wouldn't be new.

Give me support for optional rules! That would be great.

Parmandur

Book-Friend

I mean, something like Candlekeep Mysteries or Keys from the Golden Vault already feels like a Dungeon Annual. They could use Magazine-esque bundles to give fresh talent some design credits, and collect the most popular bits every so often as big hardcovers.

Remove ads