• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Polymorph other question

Geist

First Post
I think also they either made a mistake with polymorph or with shapechange.

in polymorph you keep your ex abilities when you change form

in shapechange it says you keep your ex abilties when you change as well as gain the creatures EX abilites.

this lead me to conclude maybe one of the two spells has a mistake in it?

and that either in poly other you dont keep your ex. and keep your su.

or in shapechange you keep your su and they said ex on accident.

I did email the sage the question about the level gained su abilities so ill see what he says but i didnt email him this last into i found in this post since its probably not a mistake.

so hopefully ill soon find out the answer to the su mystery

Crothian

First Post
Geist said:
I think also they either made a mistake with polymorph or with shapechange.

in polymorph you keep your ex abilities when you change form

in shapechange it says you keep your ex abilties when you change as well as gain the creatures EX abilites.

this lead me to conclude maybe one of the two spells has a mistake in it?

and that either in poly other you dont keep your ex. and keep your su.

or in shapechange you keep your su and they said ex on accident.

I did email the sage the question about the level gained su abilities so ill see what he says but i didnt email him this last into i found in this post since its probably not a mistake.

so hopefully ill soon find out the answer to the su mystery

When the Sage responds, could you please post it the message boards? It's useful for everyone when we get a mystery solved, thanks.

Geist

First Post
dont worry i will let everyone know.

personly i hope the sage says im right since i think my arguments make sense.

loseing your class based SU abilities woud make polymorph other one of the most powerful spells IMHO not only did you just turn your cleric into a fire giant to crush your enemies but now he cant turn that undead wight about to kill kim!

Fade

First Post
Polymorphing someone into themself would also drop all their physical stats down to 10 (before racial adjustment)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Polymorphing someone into themself would also drop all their physical stats down to 10 (before racial adjustment)

Huh.

Could be a useful way to avoid those penalties to physical stats for old age...

... as long as nobody dispels your polymorph, of course.

-Hyp.

Remove ads