• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Polymorphself questions

0-hr

Starship Cartographer
I've a kobold wizard who's just learning Polymorph Self. What I'd like to do is take on a more dragonlike shape, or at least get something with dragonlike wings. Is it possible to use this spell to turn into "myself but with usable dragon wings" or do you have to specifically turn into a critter from the book (the spell says "form or creature" and I'm not sure what a "form" is)?

I know that I'm small so I can't get wings from a half-dragon template, but if I were a human or some other soft-skin, would it be possible to polymorph into a template (or a beast out of the book with a template)?

Assuming that one can only pick existing things out of the book, what would be a good beast of small or medium size that is reptilian and can fly? Can you turn specifically into a medium sized dragon? If so, would spells still be possible? I figure they can speak, but I don't know about somatic components with those big claws (not to mention the material components that would go away).

shilsen

Adventurer
Ki Ryn said:
Assuming that one can only pick existing things out of the book, what would be a good beast of small or medium size that is reptilian and can fly? Can you turn specifically into a medium sized dragon? If so, would spells still be possible? I figure they can speak, but I don't know about somatic components with those big claws (not to mention the material components that would go away).

There are a number of small and medium dragons. For example, a kobold could turn into a wyrmling, very young, young or juvenile black dragon (nothing older, since that would be Large size). Spells would be possible, but only those with verbal components (somatic would be reasonable too, but your DM might not agree).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads