• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Possession

drek1

First Post
I see in the BoVD that possession is an option for fiends, I'm wondering about how / where to find exorcism? I was thinking this would be a sweet adventure setpiece but don't know if there is any guidance on it.

Thanks in advance,
d
PS. Is there a way to search the forum? I'm sure this has been covered before, but I didn't see a search box anywhere. thanx.

sukael

First Post
You can search the forum if you have an ENWorld subscriber account (eg. you've paid to support the site).

The Eberron Campaign Setting has rules for possession - I'm not sure how well they stack up to the BoVD ones, but they seem fairly good.

The Exorcism domain in the same book has a domain power that (as far as I can tell) works at will, letting a cleric with it make a turning check - if the "Most Powerful Undead Affected" result is at least equal to the possessing fiend's HD, it's forced out of the possession and can't possess the same victim again for 24 hours.

sukael

First Post
Animal said:
Check the Sacred Exorcist PrC from CD.

Looking at it, the sacred exorcist exorcism class feature might be a hint harder to use than the Exorcism domain, since the latter doesn't take into account the fiend's Charisma in the difficulty of the check. Then again, the Exorcism domain maxes out at (your level +4) for the HD of the fiend you can exorcise.

Ungruush

First Post
you could also check out the book of exalted deeds, pg 26 details what needs to take place to preform an exorcism

perhaps what you are looking for?

another fun idea is to make your "exorcist" become divinely possessed by a celestial...also referred to in the BoED as channeling, and the two PC's could duke it out.

moritheil

First Post
Should exorcism be grossly impractical to use in combat vs. a possessing fiend and several of his friends? I suppose it's one thing to tie down one possessed person and exorcise a spirit, but quite another to try it when the fireballs are still flying.

Do the different forms of exorcism take varying amounts of time? I remember channeling from the BoED seems to take some time to get ready.

Remove ads