Possible Scoop...Tiefling Page

Hathorym

Explorer
Wow - very interesting. Much more interesting that I would have guessed - like actual thought went into the race. Yummy!

Jack99

Adventurer
Decent fluff..

However..:

Kallista is a tiefling warlord .... [snipped].. She leads a group of adventurers against evil forces, but dreams of leading an army under Bahamut's banner.

o_O

I sense a lot of rage coming...

Jack99 said:
Kallista is a tiefling warlord .... [snipped].. She leads a group of adventurers against evil forces, but dreams of leading an army under Bahamut's banner.

o_O

I sense a lot of rage coming...

Uh... Why?

Ilium

First Post
I can't read a word. Either my eyes aren't up to it, or there's something about the Flickr interface I'm not getting.

Either way, I think it indicates I'm getting old. ;)

Jack99

Adventurer
Mouseferatu said:
Uh... Why?

There has been quite a few people complaining about the fact that the warlord, via his name and abilities will automatically be positioned as the leader of the players (or something along those lines anyway). Putting fluff that seems to accentuate that, will just fuel the fire IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a silly thing to care about, I just anticipate that the line I quoted could bring it back to life.

Aurick

First Post
Jack99 said:
There has been quite a few people complaining about the fact that the warlord, via his name and abilities will automatically be positioned as the leader of the players (or something along those lines anyway). Putting fluff that seems to accentuate that, will just fuel the fire IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a silly thing to care about, I just anticipate that the line I quoted could bring it back to life.

It's only fluff. Even though a class fits into the "Leader" role in the party, such as the Cleric, it does not mean they are neccessarily the face of the party. Personally I dont understand what the worry is about. Dreaming of leading an army /= being a party leader.

Aage

First Post
I like the fact that it depicts a male and a female... hopefully this will be true for the other races and the classes..

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Mmm....not bad.

I'll always be partial to tieflings being drawn much broader than these 4e vengeance machines with a collapsed empire, but "vengeance machine with a collapsed empire" works pretty okay for a specific tiefling background.

Still not a fan of their physical appearance with the large horns and the 4-5 foot long rigid tails (!?), but that's probably easy to house rule, assuming they don't have horn or tail attacks all over the place in the core.

Their powers are evocative of the "vengeance" theme without being too showy, flashy, or power-y, and they reflect the fluff pretty nicely, even if I do prefer a different fluff.

To complain about a name, "Infernal Wrath" isn't the best for that ability. Something like "Vengeful Wrath" might be better, or even something a bit dirty-sounding like "Grudge Attack." There's nothing particularly infernal about wailing on someone who has wailed on you. "Bloodhunt" is pretty good, though, so it's a bit of a wash.

It passes muster. The races look like they're solid enough to stand up on their own so far, which is neat.

Remove ads