Post Monster Man. II, what next?

Benben

First Post
Using the nifty, new D20 System Guide I did a scan of WOTC's future, and I'm seeing a dire lack of a hard back book after the MMII.

These full color, hard bound books have at least a year of development and writing time. Does anybody know what's on the burner past September 2002?

Crothian

First Post
There's monte's secret project. There might be a few hints given on various things, but Wizards keeps there books pretty much secret until they are ready to release the info.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Good question. If modules are the money pit Ryan Dancey said they are, then WotC won't be doing many of them. The splat books are all out, at least for the core classes. There are only so many sourcebooks for FR they can do before saturation. Perhaps they will concentrate on d20 sourcebooks like d20 Modern? And there's Monte's "secret project."

There doesn't seem like there could be much in the pipeline.

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
WotC is currently playtesting a "Races of Faerun" book. They haven't announced a release date yet, though.

[Edit] They are working on a brand new campaign setting, too. [/Edit]

Last edited:

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
The Allamistako said:
Any idea what this new setting is to be, or is this Monte's secret project?

No, it's not Monte's secret project.

All that they have said is that it's a new setting, not an update of an old 1e or 2e setting. It's supposed to be coming out sometime later this year.

Remove ads