Post Notification Emails

Son of Meepo

First Post
I think I noticed a pattern with the lack of update notification emails being sent.

If I use Facebook Connect to log in, I receive notification emails after, but if I enter my user name and password I do not.

The reason I use my user name and password is that I can check the option to stay logged in. With Facebook, I have to log in again every time I visit the forum.

If there was a way to stay logged in when using facebook I would use that. Otherwise, is there a way to get email notifications when I log in with user name and password?

Son of Meepo

First Post
All of the boxes are unchecked, which I think should give me the most notifications.

Actually, I think the pattern may be a bit different having played around with it a bit more.

What I think I am seeing is that If I comment on a thread after logging in with Facebook, I will only get new post notifications after logging in again with Facebook. If I subsequently log in with user name and password, it doesn't recognize the fact that I have read the the thread and doesn't send new emails.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So you have two accounts? And it's only notifying you about updates to one of them? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Son of Meepo

First Post
No, I only have one user name, but there appears to be a difference in behavior when I log in by entering my name and password vs using Facebook to login.

Remove ads