D&D 5E Powdered water?

Horwath

Legend
Get enough of it and it could be quite valuable in a desert; increasing the amount of water a thousandfold (or whatever a drop to a waterskin is) would be incredibly useful.

Or of course, be like my players and attempt to drown someone by feeding them a cookie with the stuff baked in. :hmm:

I would RP that as selling cocaine. It will react with mucous membrane in lungs and drown the victim.

Oofta

Legend
I would RP that as selling cocaine. It will react with mucous membrane in lungs and drown the victim.

In my game it was a marble created by a dust of dryness, so crushing it wasn't an option but I like your idea. I ruled that chewing or stomach acid would release the water. Which was, of course, sewer water. Did I mention this was used against their nemesis that they really, really hated?

So maybe a pill? The campaign world's version of ecstasy? Or depending on the target a jaw breaker? :hmm:

As a alchemical item??????
You keep saying those words. Why does it matter whether it's alchemical or not?

Magic items exist in the DMG. They are available wherever the DM decides, at a price determined by the DM. There are no crafting rules in 5E, unless the DM decides to include some, at which point the DM will tell you what you need to do.

I think the point is that the stuff that can be made with alchemy isn't designated as "magical" in the technical sense (by FAQ), and whether or not an item is magical can influence how it interacts with some elements of game mechanics.

Remove ads