• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PPvsPP:Maze of Fear

Atanatotatos

First Post
Despite being heavily struck by the two Goliaths, Onyx manages to stay firm on saddle, although his mount hits the ground. In the meanwhile, Eglath is punished by the spirit bear for his careless move. He is also targeted by Zachar's radiant bolt, but the corner of the wall impairs the Deva's vision, and the spell flies just a few inches off.

ooc: sorry for the LATE update, guys. Onyx' turn.

Initiative and status, round 11:
-Onyx -23[sblock=expended]thunder crash, thunder bear's warding, 1 healing spirit, serpent's rebuke, gloves of eldritch admixture[/sblock]
-Karrak HP:-37[sblock=expended]Swift charge, Wellspring of renewalOak hammer rage[/sblock]
-Eglath HP:-101 AP:1, bloodied, regen 5, target of Oath on enmity [sblock=expended]1 potion of regeneration,Earthgrasp strike Form of the charging boar[/sblock]
-Zachar [sblock=expended]splinter formation, Halo of fire[/sblock]
Minotaur HP
-Wyvern -36, prone

mazeoffearmap1.png

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Onyx and the Wyvern ignore our abilities that knock them prone? Yikes. That puts us in a tougher spot than I'd hoped.
On a side note, since Karrak moved first, I don't think he ended his turn next to Eglath. He charged the Wyvern, which put him at K9 at the end of his turn, while Eglath was still at N9, not adjacent to him. He shouldn't have taken the fire damage.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=red]you're right. It's the order of posting that confused me. I'll fix that.
As for the negation of prone... well, it's a dwarf on a mount!![/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
But how is the mount immune? I know I read the AV and the rider is able to make a save, but not the mount. The dwarf was not the target of my attack, there fore there shouldn't be any save allowed. Note, I've copied the below from the DMG pg 47. Not trying to get all meta-gamey here but I want to ensure that the build I did for Karrak isn't useless.

Knocked Prone: An attack that knocks your mount
prone also forces you to dismount.
You move into
a space of your choice adjacent to the now-prone
mount.
If an attack knocks you prone, you immediately
attempt a saving throw to avoid being dismounted.
This saving throw works just like a normal saving
throw, except you make it as soon as you are
knocked prone, not at the end of your turn.
Lower than 10: Failure. You are dismounted and
fall prone in an open space of your choice adjacent
to the mount.
10 or higher: Success. You remain in the saddle
and are not knocked prone.
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Well, I went and checked, and it seems I've always misread that paragraph. Onyx does indeed remain mounted, but the Wyvern is knocked prone. So yeah, I apologize.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=Ata]Did 25 vs. Reflex miss, or are there real line of sight issues? They way I'm looking it it there shouldn't be a problem with LoS, so I'm assuming it's just flavor text, but I just wanted to make sure.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Well, I went and checked, and it seems I've always misread that paragraph. Onyx does indeed remain mounted, but the Wyvern is knocked prone. So yeah, I apologize.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Actually he's not mounted, but he's also not prone

prone also forces you to dismount. You move into
mount.

So Onyx needs to pick an adjacent square to be located in, and is dismounted.
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
But how is the mount immune? I know I read the AV and the rider is able to make a save, but not the mount. The dwarf was not the target of my attack, there fore there shouldn't be any save allowed. Note, I've copied the below from the DMG pg 47. Not trying to get all meta-gamey here but I want to ensure that the build I did for Karrak isn't useless.

prone also forces you to dismount. You move into
mount.
If an attack knocks you prone, you immediately
attempt a saving throw to avoid being dismounted.

This saving throw works just like a normal saving
throw, except you make it as soon as you are
knocked prone, not at the end of your turn.
Lower than 10: Failure. You are dismounted and
fall prone in an open space of your choice adjacent
to the mount.
10 or higher: Success. You remain in the saddle
and are not knocked prone.

[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc] Actually Ren, he is not dismounted. Check your quoted post, with a slightly different bit in bold.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=IG]Zachar has LoS, but Eglath has cover from him (that's why I mentioned the corner)[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

Zachar does not suffer penalties from cover, superior cover, concealment, or total concealment, do to my Seal of The Serpent. In addition he can make ranged attacks against Eglath without LOS or LOE. (post #102) Does this mean Zachar hits?

Onyx was forced to dismount when Pixie went prone... Onyx is now at H9. He is not knocked prone.

Until I know if Zachar hit, and more specifically if Eglath is bloodied, it's difficult to plan my turn.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads