[PR] EN World Print Magazine to be Published by Goodman Games

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Well, here are the things I would like to see in the magazine:

Challenges: This is a broad category that includes new monsters, new traps, new puzzles, and possibly articles on combinations of these elements that work particularly well together.

New unique creatures. Not necessarily NPC's or monsters, but specific individuals that are powerful. Things like demonlords, individual dragons, etc.

Mini-campaign settings. This would be areas that are small enough that they could be dropped into Greyhawk or any other campaign setting that has room for them. These articles would be loaded with adventure hooks, NPC's, and interesting locales.

Design tips. How to build a better adventure, monster, feat, etc.

Community information. Notice that Polyhedron doesn't support the RPGA in quite the same way it used to. Maybe try to build a new community of subscribers and do some fun stuff with that.

Those are just a few suggestions off the top of my head. I'll most likely subscribe as soon as subscriptions are available.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
A few thoughts:

Indepth articles on spell use. How many different ways could a spell be used?

Same with monsters. Start with the animal entries in the Monster Manual, there is more to the typical horse than is written in the MM.

Locales: Places around town that can be plugged into most any place (within reason). Complete with description, furnishing, goods if a business, and inhabitants, staff, and customers where appropriate. A mountain pass bed and breakfast for example (to give folks a break from the ubiquitous inn).

Expand on the equipment lists. With each article focusing on a particular game.

Example of the above: Spike Strips (d20 Modern): These days spike strips are made with hollow spikes designed to break off in the tire. The spikes then cause the tire to deflate slowly. The new spike strips were developed to deal with self-sealing tires, and to prevent sudden blow-outs which could lead to loss of vehicle control and crashing. Assume 2-4 rounds for the tire to deflate. The driver of the vehicle can then come to a safe halt on a Drive check against a DC of 10. Driving on a flat tire requires a Drive check against a DC of 15, with a +1 to the DC for every 5 miles per hour of speed. Check made once every 10 minutes. Thus somebody driving at 80 miles an hour on a flat tire would have to make a Drive check against a DC of 31 every ten minutes of driving.

MEG Hal

First Post
mythusmage said:
A few thoughts:

Locales: Places around town that can be plugged into most any place (within reason). Complete with description, furnishing, goods if a business, and inhabitants, staff, and customers where appropriate. A mountain pass bed and breakfast for example (to give folks a break from the ubiquitous inn).
Well we could definately help in that area:D .
So is this something you would like to see more POI's Places of Interest usable in any campaign setting?

KB9JMQ

First Post
Sign me up. This sounds great.
Hopefully alot of the resources which are already here can be used to put things in print for those who can't get here.

The fantastic community here is not the only reason to stop by. The amount of new ideas I get on a daily basis is staggering.

I hope there is a lot of crossbreeding (if you will) between the site and the mag and hopefully the print version will bring even more people and more ideas (and personalities) to the boards.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
KB9JMQ said:

I hope there is a lot of crossbreeding (if you will) between the site and the mag and hopefully the print version will bring even more people and more ideas (and personalities) to the boards.

Absolutely! I view this not so much as a "new thing", but rather a natural extension of the site itself. It's more than just a site, and there's no reason why it should be limited to html pages. :)

Mark Oliva

First Post
EN World Print Magazine to be Published by Goodman Games

The d20 Vintyri (TM) Project (Vintyri and Northern Journey (TM)) is positively enthsiastic. We want to assure the magazine of having our 100% support. This is another one of those things that will make the d20 environment a happier and more prosperous place. We're looking forward to subscribing!

Darrin Drader

Explorer
THG Hal said:

So is this something you would like to see more POI's Places of Interest usable in any campaign setting?

Definitely. POI's are one of the really cool things that you get to do with an RPG. An exotic or fantastic location is one of the things that makes fantasy roleplaying exciting. Granted, a good DM can come up with these on their own, but its always nice to have a few on hand that are ready made.

garyh

First Post
This is VERY exciting news. I'm SO all over this magazine.

Just one question: How does one do a Play-By-Post game in print format? :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases