D&D 5E Pre-Generated Character Repository

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Almost perfectly. I noticed a linebreak was missing after the "Tark" name/heading. Should now exist in the newest version.

I know - in theory - how to save the images. (My program is quite capable of downloading each). I just don't know what site to put them on afterwards.

There's plenty of hard drive space here, if that helps.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
If you transfer ownership to me temporarily, I'd be willing to plod through, uploading the images as attachments to each post to replace the WotC links with internal ones.

That won't help, sadly- I'd have to transfer each of a couple of hundred posts individually, and transferring ownership of a post takes about as long as manually fixing an image!

I've actually started working my way through the full (complete) Repository thread and transferring ownership of each post/character over to the actual posters, most of whom are here already. But it's quite slow work! But in theory, folks can fix their own posts that way.

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?469004-The-Full-Pregenerated-Character-Repository

BoldItalic

First Post
That won't help, sadly- I'd have to transfer each of a couple of hundred posts individually, and transferring ownership of a post takes about as long as manually fixing an image!

I've actually started working my way through the full (complete) Repository thread and transferring ownership of each post/character over to the actual posters, most of whom are here already. But it's quite slow work!

Ah, okay. I was imagining you could transfer a whole thread at once. I'll just do my own characters when you get to them :)

<edit> My characters are done.</edit>

The images themselves are all zipped up in my first post, so if people come back later and want to recover their images after the links break, it will still be possible.

Last edited:

BoldItalic

First Post
I have one character listed in that thread: Althaea Ilphelkiir (Gemblossom).

Link: http://community.wizards.com/forum/player-help/threads/4109696?page=3#comment-51277351

Is there anything that I need to do to help get her stats, pic, etc. fully transferred over to this thread?

Morrus has already done it here using MerricB's awesome software, but the image that displays is still linked to the WotC server. When Morrus gives you ownership of the post, you will be able to edit it. You will need to save the image down to your PC (if you haven't still got the original), then delete it from the post and insert your saved version in its place. It will upload to the ENWorld server as an attachment but it will display in-line in the post.

I think that reads more complicated than actually doing it :(

Remove ads