Pregenerated PCs- what's a good source?

Awakened

First Post
I am thinking about running the 3.5 Tomb of Horrors this weekend in memory of Gary Gygax (I know, the original is probably better, but I haven't played previous editions in too long to run a fun game with the original rules).

My question is, are there any good sources (whether internet, published, or even WOTC books with stat blocks) that have good pregenerated 9-10th level PCs? Are there any programs or sites that could set up a character of this level quickly for me?
Thanks so much for the help.

Last edited:

+5 Keyboard!

First Post
I would check out DM Tools. There's all sorts of ways to find some good pregens, but I would just click on "By CR" and go to 9 or 10 to find some characters you want to use. There's a lot of core stuff and plenty of straight up goofy stuff, but it's all good for whatever kind PCs you want to use.

I used a bunch of stuff off DM Tools last year to run Tomb of Horrors v.3.5 and it worked out nicely.

Treebore

First Post
NPC's already written up is one of the bigger reasons as to why I buy modules. Especially when I still played 3E. Plus I used to have bookmarked several sites where people shared NPC's, and PC's, to lesson the load of creating them.

So yes, there are many resources available to you, but it sounds like DM Tools will have you covered with no problem.

Devin Parker

Explorer
I was originally planning to run the same thing last weekend, but we went with a Microlite20 version of Mike Mearls' Looking Glass Deep, instead.

I did make pregen characters for Tomb of Horrors, though. I went to The Pathology Guy's D&D 3.5 Character Generator to make them. It includes a great deal of the options from a variety of books, and it took me about five minutes to throw a 9th Level character together. It took me longer to come up with a name and a backstory.

SlyFlourish

SlyFlourish.com
Supporter
Microlite 20

I like that Microlite 20 system a lot. It reminds me of the D&D games I run using D&D miniature rules and cards.

I think using D&D miniatures for a regular D&D game has a few advantages. You can have a more complex game with more complex characters but with the same reduced size. Characters and monsters only take up a small piece of paper if you print them from the PDFs. The rulebook could be simplified. I wish someone would rewrite the D&D miniatures rulebook into a more useful printable version.

Remove ads