• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Presenting the nominees for the 2009 ENnie Awards

Xath

Moder-gator
I had a really great time judging this year. It was difficult to choose the best amongst the products, but I must say that this year's team of judges pulled together amazingly well, and it turns out we make a really great team.

Good luck to all of the nominees.

The_Universe

First Post
As Rodrigo mentioned up-thread, it was a pleasure to judge this year, and it's my pleasure to congratulate all the well-deserving nominees. Almost every entry we received was a high-quality item, so paring the lists down was difficult for all of us.

Thank you to all entrants for your efforts; if the products we received are any indication of the state of the RPG industry, things are looking up.

Kudos.

Crothian

First Post
This year was a slug fest. Most years there is a few things that just stand head and shoulders above the rest. This year while we had the huge realese of 4e I didn't really see anything that was obviously clearly better then the compitition. What we had was a lot of really good products and that makes for some tough categories and for judges argueing back and forth as we each pull for the one we like.

A hearty congradualtions to everyone nominated and to everyone that entered. I'm going to be posting specifics about many of the categories to my blog (see sig :D) hopefully starting tomorrow. I try to help educate people about some of the products they might not be aware of.

Kishin

First Post
Wow. Game of the Year looks to be some tough competition. Glad to see Song of Ice and Fire up there though: The system is utterly fantastic. Flavorful, easily groked, yet possessed of startling depth for its simplicity. At the moment I'm using it to run a game set in Three Kingdoms era China. (I.E. The historical fiction novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which also spawned Koei's strategy game series of the same names, and the very redundant but mindlessly enjoyable Dynasty Warriors games, the latter of which horribly muck up the story, but I digress...)

I'm a little annoyed by the presence of Dark Heresy given its previous release, but that's part of my anti-FFG bias since they are at present massively mishandling the Anima RPG line.

stuart

First Post
Congratulations to all the nominees. Some really great looking games on the list that I'm looking forward to checking out. :)

Some RPG Bloggers / Twitterers are talking about free products vs. preview products, and whether it makes sense to include them together. They might be something to consider putting into separate categories for next year.

Crothian

First Post
Some RPG Bloggers / Twitterers are talking about free products vs. preview products, and whether it makes sense to include them together. They might be something to consider putting into separate categories for next year.

We didn't get a lot of free material submitted this year. It really depends on how much of a certain type of thing we get.

Crothian

First Post
The problem I think would be enough of what you are calling preview products. I'm not even sure there were enough made this year for it to be its own category let alone just what was entered.

Remove ads