Press releases in the d20 games forum?

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I keep seeing press releases from a variety of companies in the d20 Modern, d20 System & OGL Games forum.

Stuff from LPJDesign, Adamant Entertainment, Devil's Workshop, Blue Devil Games, Modernized, Bad Axe Games...

This is a fairly recent change, at least as far as I can tell / remember. Has there been a loosening up of the rules for posting press releases to forums other than the publisher's forum, is it specific to this one forum, or is it just that these posts haven't been reported so they are not being moved and more people and companies have started posting there too?

Starman

Adventurer
HellHound said:
SNIP

or is it just that these posts haven't been reported so they are not being moved and more people and companies have started posting there too?

I haven't really thought about it until you mentioned it. My guess is that it's the last answer.

Starman

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, it's that it hasn't been noticed. Press releases belong in the publishers' forum only.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
:p

Where ARE my manners? Russell, this is Jason. Jason, Russell. I think you'll find you have a great deal in common.

This thread has been brought to you by Surrealios, the surreal cereal for serious surrealists...

*blink*

*blink blink*

:p

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
LOL

Well Mark, it's not like we actually share an office or anything - and after all, I have nothing to do with E.N.World proper, just E.N.Publishing. Which is why I brought this up in public.

Oh, and because my unique user group (shared by Ryan and myself exclusively it seems - so not actually UNIQUE per se, but at least unusual (uncommon? rare? very rare!)) doesn't allow me to report posts or threads, so I have to report using either Meta or private messages.

Since this was a policy question, I figured I'd bring it up here.

:)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
HellHound said:
LOL

Well Mark, it's not like we actually share an office or anything

That would be one helluva office! :D

That fish tank you have between your desks is HUGE... :p

God I hope I see you at GenCon this year, Mark. *grin*

So press releases only in the publisher forum, but, say, contests and free stuff can be advertised elsewhere, right? Everyone should have the chance to win free stuff.

And if you say no, that means some of my tactics need to change. *grin*

GMSkarka

Explorer
HellHound said:
I keep seeing press releases from a variety of companies in the d20 Modern, d20 System & OGL Games forum.

Stuff from LPJDesign, Adamant Entertainment

Well, to be fair, my thread on THRILLING TALES wasn't a press release---I was asking what people wanted to see for the line. I did post a couple of release notices to the thread after it had been going for a week or so, though...I'll stop doing that.

...and, since the thread in question hasn't been moved, I want to thank Morrus for recognizing my intention, and reacting accordingly.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
GMSkarka said:
Well, to be fair, my thread on THRILLING TALES wasn't a press release---I was asking what people wanted to see for the line. I did post a couple of release notices to the thread after it had been going for a week or so, though...I'll stop doing that.

...and, since the thread in question hasn't been moved, I want to thank Morrus for recognizing my intention, and reacting accordingly.
Yeah, I glanced at it and saw it was a discussion thread, not a product announcement.

Remove ads