• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prestige Class for Oghma (FR)

Ghoti

First Post
I had an idea.

I want to make a prestige class dedicated to Oghma from the Forgotten Relams.

This class will specialize in the gathering of knowledge, secret, hidden, everything.

As well as thing that they think others' shouldn't know/have.

I was thinking of using the Temple Radier of Olidammara, either as it is or modifying it somewhat.

What do you think? Would it work as it or does it need modification? Or do you have another prestige class that would work for this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Ghoti

First Post
Yes Loremasters work but this group actively goes out and takes things from those who shouldn't have it (thats how they see it).

So Loremaster would not work for this.

Urbannen

First Post
Umm, "many of Oghma's clerics multiclass as bards."

Bards are good at "the gathering of knowledge, secret, hidden, everything" and "take[ing] things from those who shouldn't have it"

Why create a new class when you the class you've described already exists?

Ghoti

First Post
Urbannen said:
Umm, "many of Oghma's clerics multiclass as bards."

Bards are good at "the gathering of knowledge, secret, hidden, everything" and "take[ing] things from those who shouldn't have it"

Why create a new class when you the class you've described already exists?

FLAVOR

A bard is not a thief. A bard would not be experienced at entering a protected area to remove a book or other object from the hands of those holding it.

And even if a bard might be able to do this, it is not the main goal of this class to do so.

I guess one could have a multiclassed bard/rogue, but I was thinking of something special for this job.

Why was the "Temple Radier" created when a rogue is already experienced in being a thief? I would say flavor.

The idea is to make something with a little flavor behind it rather than just using a core class, isn't this one of the reasons for Prestige Classes?

Last edited:

Hey

I've a recurring NPC in my campaign who is a Cleric 5 of Oghma/Bard 2/Temple Raider 2. He works nicely, so I'd go with just adapting the Temple Raider. Re-writing the bachground for splatbook PrCs really goes a long way in the FR.

Thanks
-Matt

Ghoti

First Post
Argus Decimus Mokira said:
Hey

I've a recurring NPC in my campaign who is a Cleric 5 of Oghma/Bard 2/Temple Raider 2. He works nicely, so I'd go with just adapting the Temple Raider. Re-writing the bachground for splatbook PrCs really goes a long way in the FR.

Thanks
-Matt

Matt,
Thanks for the reply, this is what I was looking for!

Hey

No prob man. He's a great character, if someone else ever DMs I'll prolly take him as a character. He plays as a cross between the absent minded professor and Indiana Jones ... hopelessly devoted to finding bric-a-brac, often to the detriment of his health and those around him (generally the PCs). He's NG, but considered a villain by the PCs (recently he accidentally destoyed a long-hidden temple to Aumanator in his quest for knowledge, not realizing the PCs whom he had hired were still inside. They're quite PO'd.)

I've also used the Temple Raider background as described in the book for a sect of Mask worshipping cleric/rogue/shadowdancers that are operating in Waterdeep and the North. Clerics without heavy armor are a refreshing change, especially when they shadow walk into your church and steal all your good stuff. :)

Thanks
-Matt

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads