• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Prestige Classes for Rangers?

Infinite_Kydeem

First Post
I don't have enough of the books to suggest for v3.5.

However, v3.0 has the Masters of the Wild splat book. That had quite a few that I really liked. (Foe Hunter is one of my favorites.) Most would translate to v3.5 with almost no changes necessary.

Yeah, I have Complete Warrior... Nature's Warrior would be the nearest fit, but the player for whom I'm trying to find a PrC isn't into shape-shifting. His Ranger (who is human) is more into sharp-shootin', or else stalkin' and trackin'.

Masters of the Wild I had completedly forgotten about--I'll have a look.

Klaus

First Post
Ifthe character focus on archery, there's Highland Stalker in Complete Adventurer and Order of the Bow Initiate in Complete Warrior. If he's into hunting down a quarry, there's Bloodhound (Complete Adventurer), Consecrated Harrier (Complete Divine) and Justiciar (Complete Warrior). If he wants to focus on his animal companion, there's Beastmaster and Wild Plains Outrider (Complete Adventurer).

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Horizon Walker (DMG) gives full BAB progression, and significant bonuses to traditional Ranger skills for levels 1-5, with some great goodies at levels 6 and up.

I just made a horizon walker. I've found it to be much more satisfying than I would have thought. While it does little to expressly assist a ranged combatant, the special abilities it grants are very ranger-appropriate.

KirbyEF

First Post
Shadow Dancer is also a good one for a Ranger... Gives them another "friend" and some more roguish abilities...

KirbyEF

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads