Principality: Giant Land (coments required)

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
ok after mulling this over for a while i have come up with an idea I need help starting.

My idea was a land in the buffer zone between the mists and the fiendlords lands that is run by giants. Now you would have all giants here from cloud, mist, storm, fire, hill, etc. Their organization would be along the lines of the early roman empire where you have Caeser (or emporer) the senate, and then goveners managing each area. You would have the legoins and so forth.

Now I need to know:

1. what kind of giants we are going to allow in DF
2. What giatns would be in charge (my personal pref is for Fire giants).
3. How shall we comprise the army?
4. How is their relation with the fiendlord?
5. How is their relation with the patrons?
6. Would mist giants be immune to the mists powers?
7. Would they have trade with the fiendlords? If so who? Which ones?
8. Who runs the senate? What can we divy up the land to be?
9. Where shall we put this? North or south part?

Some ideas to get y'alls brains working on this as it has been quite quiet around here.

Please questions and contribue as neccesary

Imperialus

Explorer
how about this?

Hrm... What if they were perhaps more simmilar to the swiss than the romans? We could put their entire civilization on a series of high peaks connected by bridges in the south part of the mountains near templemount. They trade freely with both the fiends and the mortals remaining fanatically independant and nutral. They maintain a small airship fleet constructed for them by the gnomish brotherhood and sit above one of the best veins of red iron in the world.

Sorry if this is a bit different than what you had in mind... I just had mental pictures of a pike block made up of 15 foot tall giants carrying 30 foot long pikes and 12 foot long zwihander type swords.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
well according to the almighty .pdf the giants were fiendish created. I had asked about them previously and was told that they were most definately on the fiendish list.

The idea you have sounds like a more gnomish or svirfneblin type than anything else. The giants from what I gather were mostly the evil kind and I thought since the other races were all on the patron side it's time to find a society that is for the 'bad guys'. This was why i picked the romanesque empire for them. They can easily colonize and build anywhere using their strengths and means and can pretty much rove about the land. Could they trade with the patrons? Sure I don't see why not, but in all aspects they want the land the patrons are on more than anything. They could be most definately 'neutral' but with stronger ties to the fiendlords as they appear to be their creators.

I am trying to move more away from the kessel as that area is vary rapidly filling up. We are left hanging a bit in the 'evil' side of things.

Now taking your swiss idea, perhaps you could have some 'good' giants (cloud, storm, fog, etc.) live and use that idea there. Would they have relations with the other ones? who knows, but it's worht a shot.

I can see filling up one kessel principality with your idea and expanding on the 'evil' fronteir with the other one. After all weren't dwarves on the fiends side as well?

The Burned Man

First Post
http://www.d20reviews.com/Daemonforge/lords/fiendlord.htm

The Lesser Lords

“There are lesser Lord of the Broken Lands if such a title is appropriate for beings of such power. Many did not spring forth from the depths of hell but are powerful beings such as dragons and titans who have fallen under the sway of hell. The most infamous of these beings is The One Traitor of the elder wyrms of the World”

As you see all fiendlords are not necessarily fiends...

So you can create a fiendish giant society, no prob.

A good place to put them is in the Border (since its between the Patrons and the major Fiendlords. Here´s also the realms of Ilvataris the Dragon "Fiendlord"

The Border – Land Of The Broken

Geography

The axis of the world is Mount Barakus. It is the point from which all of creation came to be. The lands surrounding it were once the most prosperous and blessed of all the nations of the World. People from the South, the North, the West and the East came to found nations here. Among its forests and fields, rivers and lakes, rolling hills and misty swamps, they all prospered.

Now it is a blasted and shattered land. Here the last and most savage of all battles were fought between the fiends and the mortals. The land itself was wrecked and despoiled by the magic of the combatants. This was over one and a half thousand years ago. A thousand years later the land was ravaged anew as the wrath of the fiercest patron fell upon the land, and five Lords were slain by his hands. Now anarchy reigns in the territory as fiend turns against fiend seeking to replace the slain Lords.

Leonid Kozienko

Population

The Broken is how all the mortals are known across all the Broken Lands, but above all it describes the peoples of the Border. Unlike the nations of the West, the North and the South who were laid to waste by the fiends, the nations of the Border survived in a twisted sense. As the mists descended the senseless slaughter of the conquered mortals did not cease, but it did abate as the fiends came to value the conquered as a valuable resource. Many mortal realms and territories bowed to fiendish masters, pledging their loyalty in exchange for mercy. Thus the fiends came to be as nobles and the mortals their serfs, slaves bound to the land. Ever they suffer, either at the hands of their dark nobility or by the actions of the highland patrons whose armies seek to incorporate the borderlands under their rule. Looked upon with contempt by both the conquerors and the unconquered.

-------------------------

So the giant realm could be new or old...

Remove ads