• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Printer Friendly Error

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Mercule said:
As a developer for the same platform (ASP.NET) WotC is using, that security won't be hard to toggle. Doing it the way they did had to have been a conscious choice.

It actually looks like Wizards' site is still using Classic ASP.

Delta

First Post
withak said:
Expecting or even worrying about this specific problem persisting into the production version of D&DI is, IMHO, just a tad silly.

I do think we're already in "a tad silly" territory when they haven't fixed this in the last 4 months.

withak said:
Then what is left to discuss? This really is a non-issue.

This security "hole" has existed in D&DI for months now. Presumably, it's been left open to allow content access to those who have had problems logging in, myself included. Once D&DI subscriptions go live, it stands to reason that the powers that be will implement something a bit more robust.
You're missing the point again. Go back and reread all of my posts in this thread. When you first quoted me, you were referencing a reply I made to a blanket comment about authentication/authorisation in web apps, not in specific reference to DDI. Again, my comment to which you've been responding has nothing to do with DDI.

drothgery

First Post
Campbell said:
It actually looks like Wizards' site is still using Classic ASP.

There's a little bit of it around. But maintaining authentication between ASP.NET forms authentication and classic ASP is also a solved problem.

fnwc

Explorer
I think everyone is overreacting. I do .NET and ColdFusion programming everyday at my job and my thought is that the current login system is merely a placeholder that doesn't do any actual authentication.

My guess is that it will be fixed by the time it matters.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads