• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Printer Friendly KotS Maps

Scalding

First Post
These are the maps I made for running Keep on the Shadowfell. They are PNG's so that they won't suffer from jpg errors. Each image is an 8x10 section, and although they are numbered by their encounter area it can be a bit of a puzzle to piece them all together. You'll definitely need to have the module in front of you.

As I lack both artistic programs and artistic skills, these were made in paint and are rather simplistic. This is good because it's also very easy on the printer and won't use too much ink.

I hope others get good use of them.

Attachments

• KotSmaps.zip
    850.3 KB · Views: 707

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
:cool:

You
Rock
Hard !!!

I have scoured the internet for a source just like this - printer-friendly maps that print out on 8 x 11 ... I weep with joy !

Thanks much and *please* tell me you are doing H2 !!!

Verision

First Post
Too late

Man, I wish I had these when I was running KotS, but I've already moved on to Thunderspire.... *HINT*HINT* *WINK*WINK* *NUDGE*NUDGE* *COUGH*COUGH* *HACK*HACK* *falls over dead* *reanimates as skeleton* *attempts to wink but has no eyelids* *gives up*

These are the maps I made for running Keep on the Shadowfell. They are PNG's so that they won't suffer from jpg errors. Each image is an 8x10 section, and although they are numbered by their encounter area it can be a bit of a puzzle to piece them all together. You'll definitely need to have the module in front of you.

As I lack both artistic programs and artistic skills, these were made in paint and are rather simplistic. This is good because it's also very easy on the printer and won't use too much ink.

I hope others get good use of them.
Aren't there boards connecting the platforms in Area 3? I thought there were...

Not that I'm complaining since these rock (I'd already drawn all of level 1 but hadn't started level 2, which is awesome).

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
Yes, but the boards are "dynamic" (i.e. can be kicked over). Just like traps, you can use some other method to represent them and add/remove them as needed.

I used some dungeon tiles since the printed maps alleviated the need for them! :D

bh2

First Post
kotsmap as pdf

Thanks for posting this scalding! I am attaching a pdf version of the PNGs for those who have better luck printing from pdf like me. I also added a label at the top right of every page so you know which area each page is referring to.

Attachments

• kotsmaps.pdf.zip
    597.6 KB · Views: 174

Scalding

First Post
I'm glad people are getting good use of them! One of my players just picked up H2 for me, and I haven't had the chance to read it over yet, but I am planning on making maps for it in also. I will certainly post them when I am done!

SamuraiJackJr

First Post
I'm glad people are getting good use of them! One of my players just picked up H2 for me, and I haven't had the chance to read it over yet, but I am planning on making maps for it in also. I will certainly post them when I am done!
Great to hear! I've started mapping out the first encounters (through C3; C4 is a poster) and will continue on with other rooms; however, your maps RAWK, so let me know how it's going (so I don't duplicate effort here !). Thanks!

Link to my H2 printer-friendly maps:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4414496&postcount=2

Last edited:

Remove ads