Printing Battlemaps question (Help)

fr33py

First Post
I downloaded the Battlemaps for Adventure #3 and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to print these so I can use them.

Example: EN_03_Player_BattleMaps_Act1.pdf

In this file each "page" is 1 battlemap so when printing it shrinks to fit the battlemap to 1 8x11 peice of paper. Even if I take shrink to fit off it still doesn't appear to print correctly.

Any advice? Am I just missing a checkbox in Adobe PDF?

Thanks,

Last edited:

cdrcjsn

First Post
There should be something in your printer settings that says "print as actual size".

Also check if there's an option for "borderless" or "remove borders".

fr33py

First Post
Yea I checked the printer settings. They are set to print to actual size.

I have no idea how to get these to print correctly from the PDF file.

I just finished printing them but I had to copy each image and past it into paint, re-size the image, re-size the margins, re-size the canvas and finally printed it. The scaling is a little off and the squares aren't quite 1"x1" but it will have to do I suppose. Beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks for the tips!

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
Acrobat Pro for sure. Possibly Standard. Foxit Reader (according to the user manual -- I've never used it myself) allows you to manually select portions of a page to print; you'd have to select, say, 8x10 inch areas one by one, but the software is free.

Last edited:

rangda

First Post
I downloaded the Battlemaps for Adventure #3 and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to print these so I can use them.

Example: EN_03_Player_BattleMaps_Act1.pdf

Acrobat can spread the maps over multiple pages but I prefer having some overlap between the pages to help tape them together (and most printers crop a bit when you print borderless).

I use PosteRazor

PosteRazor - Make your own poster!

Save the maps out as jpg's at the correct resolution (WotBS 1 & 2 were nice in that the maps were the right rez right off), and setup .5" of overlap between the pages. Then I tape them together to make the big map.

Sadly peeking at the maps for #3 they've got the monster symbols on them which means I'll have to photoshop them out.

Remove ads