Probably a dumb question, but how do I read the columns?

Meech17

Adventurer
Hello,

I'm new to EN World. I've been reading on here the last couple of weeks now, and I just made an account yesterday.

The problem now though is that whenever I click on a column/article to read it, it just takes me directly to the community page for that article, showing the comments. How do I actually get to the article?

Thanks

R_J_K75

Legend
Hello,

I'm new to EN World. I've been reading on here the last couple of weeks now, and I just made an account yesterday.

The problem now though is that whenever I click on a column/article to read it, it just takes me directly to the community page for that article, showing the comments. How do I actually get to the article?

Thanks
Welcome. If I had to guess it may have something to do with if you are using a cell phone, laptop, etc, the browser you are using, or if you are using some particular software. Im just a member so I dont know, but one of the moderators may be able to help, @Morrus @Dannyalcatraz @Umbran

Meech17

Adventurer
Welcome. If I had to guess it may have something to do with if you are using a cell phone, laptop, etc, the browser you are using, or if you are using some particular software. Im just a member so I dont know, but one of the moderators may be able to help, @Morrus @Dannyalcatraz @Umbran
I'm using Firefox on my computer.

Though just to experiment I just tried on my android phone through the mobile chrome browser and have the same issue.

Meech17

Adventurer
Could you show me a screenshot of what you see?
So say I'm on the homepage, browsing the articles.. And I decide to click on the center box. The "New Licensed Dungeons & Dragons....."

1705538164596.png

Clicking this, will direct me straight to this page:

1705538275663.png

Rather than to the column/article itself..

aco175

Legend
That is the right article. I find that it takes me to the last read post in a thread, so if I come back and clink on the thread the next day it knows which was the last post and takes me there. You can scroll up from there to see the top of the thread.

Generally when I log in I check any alerts I have or just click on the community tab at the top to see the newest of all the topics instead of just looking at the D&D or 5e threads.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well that’s odd. But I notice there’s quite a lot missing from the page in that screenshot, not just the article text. Maybe try a different theme and see if that’s what’s causing it?

Meech17

Adventurer
I think they are saying that they've have never been able to actually read the article after initially clicking on it and it takes them right to the comments section
Yes, this was the issue.

Well that’s odd. But I notice there’s quite a lot missing from the page in that screenshot, not just the article text. Maybe try a different theme and see if that’s what’s causing it?
And this was the fix. For reference I was using the "Gamesboard" theme, and switching to just normal darkmode has fixed it.

Thank you. I should have thought of that.

Remove ads