Profanity filters?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
At the least, I think we need only one "profanity is not allowed here" per swear. It's putting 2 or 3 together right now.

Attachments

• cdx.jpg
    cdx.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 245

That's pretty much the dumbest profanity filter I've ever seen, for the following reasons.

1) It's easy to defeat, I mean, for f uck's sake...

2) It renders the posts utterly illegible and seems to appear multiple times for the same swearword, which will drive people, not just the swearees, up the wall.

3) Vuron's avatar is giving me the finger anyway...

Vuron

First Post
muthaPROFANITY IS NOT ALLOWED HEREPROFANITY IS NOT ALLOWED HEREPROFANITY IS NOT ALLOWED HEREPROFANITY IS NOT ALLOWED HEREPROFANITY IS NOT ALLOWED HEREa!

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Morrus said:

That's the point. Anyone who posts profanity gets their post completely mashed. Serve's 'em right - they'll know better next time.
Yeah it serves "'em" right, but they aren't the ones who have to read their posts, are they? With that kind of filter, you're only hurting everyone except for the person responsible. :)

Attachments

• age of cthul v cover.jpg
    age of cthul v cover.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 364

Vuron

First Post
CONTENTS OF THIS POST HAVE BEEN DELETED DUE TO THEIR OVERLY FOUL NATURE! DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN VURON, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Vuron said:
CONTENTS OF THIS POST HAVE BEEN DELETED DUE TO THEIR OVERLY FOUL NATURE! DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN VURON, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
That's even worse than the original text! :D

Remove ads