• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Project Duct Tape [Spycraft]

Pbartender

First Post
"A shame it'll kill the tourist season this year, though."

"Mr. Slate, Global Tours, Inc." He introduces himself the thrid time. "I believe that's everybody. Let's get going, eh? Mr. Green is waiting."

Mr. Slate leads the way to the airport's pick-up lanes, where a black car is waiting by the curb. It is a curious vehicle, bearing a resemblance to practically every mid-sized sedan or sport car in production. Yet, at the same time, it cannot definitively be ascribed to any specific manufactured make or model.

Slate tosses his traveling duffel into the trunk of the car on top of a couple cases, and then settles himself into the driver seat where he waits for the others.

Last edited:

Tanstaafl

First Post
OOC: FYI we have an additional player who will be joining the group. I'm going to wait until that agent is, at least partially, ready before posting the events that occur when you reach Mr. Green's office.

Pbartender, your agent's background entails you to the same bonus Feat (any Gear Feat) that the other players recieved, also one bonus action die for the creativity of your first post.

If any of you have not read the PBP FAQ Announcement in this forum, please do so.

Feel free to continue the IC banter while we wait for the newest character to be completed... it's been great so far.

Douane

First Post
Conrad doesn't even raise an eyebrow at the strange car.

* Surely it's been somehow enhanced by the Agency, but in the end it's still just a car. Nothing but a tool. *

Hesitating for a moment, he doesn't deposit his travel-bag in the trunk and puts it instead beside himself on one of the backseats.

"I like to keep my equipment close by. One never knows," he answers the questioning glance of their designated driver.

A habit that has served him well so far.

Raurth Snowfang

First Post
Jameson starts getting a little worried as he introduces himself to the other members of the "tour group". He tries to make a joke of his nervousness.

"Hi, I'm Jameson, Matthaniel Jameson..."He begins, in a terrible Sean Connery accent. Recieving no reaction at all he just finishes his introduction and lights a cigarette at the earliest opportunity."But, ermm, you can call me Spirit, I guess..."

After hearing the names of the other people around him Jameson starts working things out in his head: *Mr.Slate? Mr.Crimson? Mr.Indigo...? Aww no, not again... damn agency work, always dangerous... They do have funny names though, maybe I could be Mr.Black.. nahh, there's gotta be a Mr.Black already.. Mr.White? hmm, that would be ironic, considering my taste in clothing... Nah, I think I could go for being Mr.Teal...*

He looks up from his reverie to realise the others have walked away towards a wonderfully ordinary looking car, after the last drive with "Slatey" Matthaniel sighs in relief.

Matthaniel carefully places his laptop on his knees as he gets into the car.

"Drive a little bit slower this time will ya Slatey? Don't want my laptop to flying out the window."

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
Snowtiger said:
"Nice set of wheels, Mr.Slate. Yours?"

"More or less," he answers as everyone piles into the roomy vehicle. "It's a company car, really, but the boss has given me exclusive use."

Raurth Snowfang said:
"Drive a little bit slower this time will ya Slatey? Don't want my laptop to flying out the window."

"What time is it?"

Slate buckles his seat belt, starts the motor and adjusts his sunglasses. An imperceptible grumble reverberates throughout the car.

Tanstaafl

First Post
Season One: The Case of the Missing Opera Singer;
Serial 1; Mission Briefing.

The time is now 7:39am.

OOC: Any class abilities that have a #/session usage indicator will be #/Serial for the purposes of this pbp game. Brief note on Spycraft Organizational Terms: Scene, an encounter or combat sequence. Serial, a group of scenes which span one or more plot-lines {a single adventure or mission objective}. Season, groups of serials which focus on larger multi-story plot-arcs. This game will be a collection of Seasons, each involving plot-twists and connections to the other Seasons. I will try to post Season/Serial information in each of my IC posts; this will be mainly a bookkeeping tool for things like class abilities and action dice.

Last edited:

Snowtiger

First Post
Tanstaafl said:
Season One: The Case of the Missing Opera Singer;
Serial 1; Mission Briefing.

The time is now 7:39am.

OOC: Any class abilities that have a #/session usage indicator will be #/Serial for the purposes of this pbp game. Brief note on Spycraft Organizational Terms: Scene, an encounter or combat sequence. Serial, a group of scenes which span one or more plot-lines {a single adventure or mission objective}. Season, groups of serials which focus on larger multi-story plot-arcs. This game will be a collection of Seasons, each involving plot-twists and connections to the other Seasons. I will try to post Season/Serial information in each of my IC posts; this will be mainly a bookkeeping tool for things like class abilities and action dice.
ooc: So, action dice refresh on a serial boundary?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads