Proposal: Allow me to use debut content for one character.

garyh

First Post
It's also about the standards for a shared world. I'm playing a seeker in another game, and that's cool, but if something does come up, it only affects the five of us in the game.

I might be more open-minded on debut stuff if we see it released in dead tree the same as it was in debut form... but that doesn't really help you play a psion now, unfortunately.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Sounds good, just gonna let you know I'll be the first to propose a rule change when PHB3 comes out unchanged. :)

Thank you garyh for discussing it with me, I appreciate that.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Personally I don't feel like they are, after all there's really no point in them lying about it. They've already seen that people enjoy getting preview and playtest, so why lie and say playtest isn't playtest?

Marketing. DDI accounts will sell better if it's marked as having "exclusive content debuts here first!" than if it's marked as having "previews".

However, the Monk from PHB3 was released as a "preview" while the other stuff was released as a "debut". I seem to recall reading somewhere that they just made "major changes" to it, but I can't remember where - obviously it's not included in the November errata. I see it's in the compendium - I guess people just noticed changes had been made? Now, the Monk article came out in Dragon 375, and they didn't start including "debuts" until Dragon 377, so maybe it just came out before they made the switch, or maybe they're putting stuff that they're less sure about as "previews", and debuts are safer.

I'd definitely be willing to reconsider debut content if someone makes a more general proposal. Right now I'd like to wait until PHB3 comes out to see exactly how many changes there are. Or at least until they start publishing "previews" alongside "debuts" so we can see if they're making a distinction. But I could be convinced otherwise with the right arguments.

Kalidrev

First Post
I do know that last week, WOTC released the monk again as "Debut" content rather than as "playtest". They made some MAJOR changes to the class, to include the fact that ALL of the monks at will powers are impliment powers that go after reflex or fortitude. They also simplified the way that Full Discipline powers work, stating (or perhaps just clarifying) that only ONE full discipline power can be used per round (unless you use an action point).

I, personally, would like to see us wait until PHB3 comes out, just to see if anything changes from the debut content, and if not, then we allow debut content in as "official". I'll make a proposal if this happens to go that way.

Remove ads