Proposal: Allow Simplier Character Creation

Kalidrev

First Post
Well, if we're just talking about using the google sheet for the MATH section, I'm cool about that. I agree with Ryryguy that we could still use a basic wiki to hold setting info and character sheet links. We will still need character background (to make sure he/she fits into the setting), so having a Wiki page for our character where we can put this background stuff as well as any other things we wanted for our character (say a picture or two) would be nice. Then when it came to the math, we could just put a link to our google-docs spreadsheet!

renau1g

First Post
Well the wiki's not going away right? Isn't it just switching formats? So we can port the setting info, etc. to a new wiki + either google sheet &/or CB summary.

elecgraystone

First Post
So why not have pages for each PC on the wiki as well, where CB summary or links to the spreadsheet can live?

Remember, "wiki" does not equal "confusing templates".
True, if you are just doing text and links, wiki isn't a problem.
renau1g said:
Well the wiki's not going away right? Isn't it just switching formats? So we can port the setting info, etc. to a new wiki + either google sheet &/or CB summary.
This seems like a good ides. If we JUST use wiki as a placeholder for links, backgrounds, pictures and the like then I wouldn't object to using it.

Damn, and I just finished that hole... Oh, the templates can go in there! *toss* :devil:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Unless someone can show me a link otherwise, the Wiki is going away with the new ENWorld. Morrus hasn't gotten around to killing the old wiki after he replaced it with the new one he plans to kill, but that doesn't mean he won't.

No timeline on either, but I haven't heard its not going to happen.

We will have a wiki for setting, background, and such. How we do math is what this should be about here.

EvolutionKB

First Post
What about a community email accout to store pdfs? Judges have access and can access people's CS. When a PC is leveled, a judge can delete the previous email with the old character. You can even divide PCs into folders by level or role.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
In the L4W Charter thread stickied...a while ago I think
Yeah, that was when the "new" wiki was put up. In his previews of ENWorld 4.0 or whatever, he said it is highly likely the wiki is going away (and he never answered my pointed questions on that fact).
What about a community email accout to store pdfs? Judges have access and can access people's CS. When a PC is leveled, a judge can delete the previous email with the old character. You can even divide PCs into folders by level or role.
Could do, but I don't care for it. I think a wiki store is needed. As said elsewhere, we need one for setting info; no reason it can't hold character stuff (whatever is there be it template, PDF [not my fave] or link to spreadsheet [better]).

Remove ads