Proposal: More open character judging

weldon

Explorer
Is there anything I can do to help? I'm a total newb with 4E, but I can check characters (albeit slowly, as I learn the rules).

JoeNotCharles

First Post
You know, in about a week when PHB2's approved we're gonna have a flood of new character submissions. We're caught up pretty well now, but we should probably have a plan in place to deal with that.

ryryguy

First Post
Would it make sense to allow characters with PHB2 material to be submitted for provisional approval now? So that the judges could get a jump on things before the "flood"?

(Provisionally approved characters still could not be used in play until the PHB2 is finally approved... which is so close now, maybe it doesn't make a practical difference anyway.)

You might have to resolve the Expertise feat issue first, however. That's something that will actually matter for 1st level characters.

N3rday

First Post
Agreed. PHB2 is so close we might as well start approving PHB2 characters, let them play around in the tavern, whatever. It's 4 days away, there is no way that any PHB2 character is going to successfully get into an adventure and engage in combat before the thing gets approved, since we already have basically agreed to approve the whole thing, with the minor exception of expertise feats (right?)

edit: In regards to expertise feats, I won't say that players shouldn't take them, but in terms of RP they are crappy, flavorless feats that may or may not be approved along with the rest of PHB2. I would strongly suggest anyone making a new level 1 character just avoid Expertise feats in the first place and not worry about it - I mean, all the characters made so far don't have any Expertise feats, so it isn't like not taking the feat will leave you behind other players.

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
PROPOSAL: Starting now, until 1 month after PHB2 is approved, JoeNotCharles and Atanatotatos are considered full judges for the purpose of character approvals.

Explanation: The two of us already have character-reviewing experience, this gives us two more people who can review the PHB2 characters without waiting for the regular judges, and it gives us another month to discuss any permanent changes to the character-reviewing system without having to rush a vote before PHB2 hits.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
PROPOSAL: Starting now, until 1 month after PHB2 is approved, JoeNotCharles and Atanatotatos are considered full judges for the purpose of character approvals.

Explanation: The two of us already have character-reviewing experience, this gives us two more people who can review the PHB2 characters without waiting for the regular judges, and it gives us another month to discuss any permanent changes to the character-reviewing system without having to rush a vote before PHB2 hits.
Or we could just make the two of you full judges. :p Does that work for you?

renau1g

First Post
I can possibly offer a hand for a bit of time (although I'll be gone for a week beginning of July), putting the PC's into the CB and reviewing them?

Let me know!

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
So did this thing happen or anything, I'm trying to help but most of the character submissions already have a review from a reviewer and are waiting on a full judge.

Remove ads