Proposal: New demigod and those who worship him

weldon

Explorer
Good storytelling. The narrative had a good flow. I like Sund's quirky humor and smoldering anger.

What's the character's motivation to be an adventurer? Does this fit Kalstad's demand to find roguish followers? Is there anything else burning inside Sund that drives him forward and kept him from giving up in the prison?

One nitpick - "form of a form" jumped out at me while reading.

Cool story. Look forward to more.

Reklaw

First Post
Thanks Weldon! I definitely need to go through and proof read again, always seem to miss those silly mistakes the first few times through, thanks for pointing that one out.

Working on the character motivation for being an adventurer is always a hard part for me:p Especially for those characters who aren't firstly motivated by greed and fame.
Right now I'm thinking that Sund has a mixture of motivations. His past life was motivated almost entirely by greed though he felt a sense of honor as well. This sense of honor was partially from a code of honor among the thieves that he was raised among. Will write up the rest of his backstory later... Anyone know if Drow's have a real backstory here? Guessing they are the typical underground bad guys? Will look through the wiki to figure out more.

I think right now his motivations as an adventurer are...
Spread the name of Kalstad(reluctantly, I want a dynamic to be going on between Kalstad and Sund where Sund is cursing Kalstad for the situations he's in and then something happens where Kalstad helps out in the form of divine fortune or a lance of faith, etc.)
His sense of honor pushes him to help out those in need, though he isn't exactly proud of his honor all the time...
Last but definitely not least is Gold.

Yeah, no kidding Ken. That might be a little disgusting...

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I like it. I don't particularly see anything that would require a proposal (the damage type change would be the only thing, and it's gone), but what the heck. YES.

covaithe

Explorer
I think a proposal is a good mechanism for including a new demigod. We'd always intended for the number of gods to remain more or less fixed, unless some drastic omission came to light, but for players and DMs to come up with lots of demigods to suit their needs.

That said, this guy feels a little... not quite filled out, to me. What's his alignment? (unaligned, I assume...) What Channel Divinity feats do his followers have access to? A bit more backstory about how he came to be and what his relationship is with the other gods, especially his father, would be nice.

Reklaw

First Post
Will post a more detailed description of Kalstad(and rename him;)) shortly. Definitely will be unaligned and will figure out his Channel Divinity feat and all of that! Thanks!

Remove ads