Proposal: Valhyr and Surtyr

ryryguy

First Post
I've added two new regions to the wiki:

Valhyr (as described by Don Incognito in the Manual of the Planes proposal thread)

Surtyr (the northlands of Ea)

I don't think I need a proposal for these - you can add stuff to the setting more or less freely, no?

But I assume I need a proposal for regional benefits associated with these new places. I added the proposed benefits to the character creation page... and here they are:

Valhyr: Regional Benefit said:
+1 to Endurance: Valhyr's harsh climate breeds hardy folk. The skalds of the Frozen Continent bring brave deeds to life through song and story; Valhyri also receive a +1 bonus to saving throws against fear effects.

The Seaborn: Regional Benefit said:
+1 to Endurance: life on a refugee ship is very tough. The Seaborn also receive +4 to any Athletics checks when on a ship, sailboat or other seafaring vessel when it's in the water.

Surtyr: Regional Benefit said:
+1 to Nature: Most folk of Surtyr make their living off the land; even those that do not must learn the ways of the rugged terrain or perish. They also gain a +4 to Endurance checks made to endure extreme weather conditions.

PS -
I also added some recommended PHB2 backgrounds to the regional entries on the page, since these are now allowed. I wonder if the existing regional benefits are a bit weak compared to the PHB2 backgrounds. They seem that way to me. If people end up neglecting the regional backgrounds in favor of the general one, that'd be a bit of a shame. Maybe we should consider beefing up the regional benefits a bit? Like, picking one skill where you can choose either a +2 or gaining it as a class skill, plus one more weak but flavorful benefit? Instead of the flat +1 and weak benefit that is currently there. Well, I guess that's a subject for another proposal. :)

ukingsken

First Post
Did we allow the PHB2 regions? I thought we were still running with the L4W regions only?

That caveat aside I think those regions are quite mechanically in line with existing one, and falvorfully they make sense as well.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
These have no passed. The Character Creation page is no longer lying about them. :)

EDIT: oh, I guess it wasn't. I've removed the "proposed - not approved" tags.

Last edited:

Remove ads