Proposition: Move STORY HOUR to top level

Wicht

Hero
Posts in fight club generate quite a few views considering the short amount of time they are allowed to stay on the front page. A glance through the views column will show that the average fight gets close to 300 views though they are only up for approximately 12-24 hours before dissapearing into fight history

the current fight registration has only been up since monday and already has close to 900 views.

and the EN world game of death which started only a couple days ago also has close to 900 views already.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm sure that everyone can come up with very convincing arguments as to why their favourite forum should be on the top level - do it for Story Hour, the House RUles poeple will be asking for the same within a dew weeks, followed by the Fight Club people, then the... you get the idea. Problem is, I'm sure that *every* forum has its fans. I think we pretty much have the best layout we can expect right now.

As for the "Story Hour threads get more views and is therefore more popular" argument, that's a load of baloney, I'm afraid. Individual threads there are longer and last longer than in, say Gen Discussion; would you say that it's more popular than Gen Discussion? Story Hour could have a single thread in it with 3 posts, yet still meet that criteria. An equally valid way of measuring how popular a forum is would be to measure how long a given thread stayed on the first page - the quicker it gets knocked off the more popular the forum. Story Hour would rank fairly low by that criteria.

Chacal

First Post
WizarDru said:

I sincerely doubt that any thread in House Rules has every crossed 1000 views.

[
Please have a look at a forum before stating something about it.
Granted, you have to click twice to get there
;)

It just seems that the Story Hour is more popular with more people than House Rules.
This is an accurate statement I agree with. But what's so difficult about using bookmarks ?

Sure, newcomers might not find it the first time they come here, but if they stay long enough to get curious about the other forums, or to see Story hour update anouncements in the general forum, they'll eventually find it.

Chacal

WizarDru

Adventurer
The horse is dead. You can stop beating it, honest. :)

Seriously, I got the message. It's a valid point that each forum has its fans, and to move one up means moving many up, and that way lies madness.

Consider the matter dropped. :)

Remove ads