Protections from the Blasphemy spell ?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
ElectricDragon said:
Nowhere does it state that the ghost must first manifest to use its gaze ability on material opponents, but I rule it so. Otherwise, the gaze is only useful against other ethereal opponents. Is that a house rule?

Not at all. You've correctly cited the chain of rules - the Ethereal ghost cannot use a gaze attack against Material opponents, but a manifested ghost can.

You're not making anything up there; you're following the rules as written.

I'm not sure what your point is, though...?

-Hyp.

gfunk

First Post
This thread seems to have hijacked severely so let me try to bring it back on topic.

Easy ways to protect yourself from blasphemy:

1. Greater spell immunity (Cleric 8)
2. Anti-magic field (Sor/Wiz 6, Cleric 8)

Last edited:

Found the Sonic Attack part in the 3.5 SRD:

Sonic Attacks (Su): Unless otherwise noted, a sonic attack follows the rules for spreads. The range of the spread is measured from the creature using the sonic attack. Once a sonic attack has taken effect, deafening the subject or stopping its ears does not end the effect. Stopping one’s ears ahead of time allows opponents to avoid having to make saving throws against mind-affecting sonic attacks, but not other kinds of sonic attacks (such as those that deal damage). Stopping one’s ears is a full-round action and requires wax or other soundproof material to stuff into the ears.

AR

Tzarevitch

First Post
gfunk said:
This thread seems to have hijacked severely so let me try to bring it back on topic.

Damn. You beat me to the post, literally, both with regard to the hijacking of the thread and the answer to the question.

Greater Spell Immunity is the best available protection because it is a total block against the spell effects. No cleric should ever run around without that spell. (Works well against Otto's Irresistable Dance and other no-save spells too.)

Tzarevitch

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Casts thread resurrection! :LOL:

2. In my current pbp game, a bad guy just used blasphemy against the PCs in a demiplane. The demiplane is not the villains home plane.

Earlier in the fight, one of the PCs tried to use antimagic field off a scroll and it was miscast. I still allowed the field to come into effect, but it isn't tied to the PC who cast it. It is stationary on one corner of the room they are fighting in. (It is also glowing with feathers floating in it. Heh.)

One of my players wants to know if the effects of blasphemy will go away in the antimagic field. If he decides to have his PC drags one of the NPCs who was taken down by the blasphemy into the antimagic field, will the dazed and weakened effects be supressed in the field?

He also wants to use dispel magic to negate the effects of blasphemy. I'm fairly certain that isn't allowed. It is an instantaneous spell. But I'm not sure, since its effects last either in rounds or minutes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

KF

Here's where my evil deviltouched bugbear cleric of darkness used blasphemy. He used it as a spell-like ability.

Link

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I should also note that their is an allied NPC who is both deaf and mute, and I though it should be logical that he would be immune to the blasphemy, but after reading through this thread, I'm not really sure.

Remove ads