[Psi] Anyone with psi-only worlds?

Zhure

First Post
If so, how do you handle things like character death? With no clerics or druids, Psions have to wait until Greater Emulation to bring anyone back to life. While I realize Psions can be a wee bit tougher to kill than Wizards, they're still paper tigers compared to Barbarians and so forth.

Greg

Terraism

Explorer
Hmm... you know, I've never even thought of doing a Psi only world... sounds like it'd be interesting.

Attachments

• old page-96.jpg
    old page-96.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 18,342

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
I might do a world once in which arcane magic doesn't exist, but divine magic and psionics do. I would like some feedback on this thread first though :)

Rav

Pharaxes

First Post
Kinda sounds like Dark Sun. That was a fun campaign. That's the only one that my group has gotten to lvl at least lvl 15 in. Usually we play one for a couple of levels then we, change to a new setting or system. The exception is the FR campaign i am running now. I plan using the Epic High Level when it comes out.

An all psi world would be fun to play in, could get in some good roleplaying. My friend is running a 3rd Ravenloft game, and he let me play a Psion/Rogue. This will be my first time playing with 3rd Edition Psionic HB, so I should learn a lot in the next couple months.

A'koss

Explorer
Why not turn raising the dead into an adventure? Without clerics, you may have to psionically Plane Shift to the Outer Planes and find the soul of the person you want to raise yourself. The obvious dangers keep people from trying this regularly - dealing with planar hazards, proxies of gods who don't want to release the dead, possible memory loss of the now petitioner PC, etc.

As far as powers go, you could simply add a Telepathic Power that snags someone's soul from the ether. However you'll need a functioning body to put them into... ;)

Greater Emulation doesn't duplicate spells IIRC, so I don't see how that's going to help raising the dead anyway.

Cheers,

A'koss!

graydoom

First Post
If you really are playing in an psionics-only world, the best thing to do would be to add in powers similar to Raise Dead, Resurrection, and the lot.

Of course, if you are playing in a psionics-only world, maybe you could come up with different variants of the Psion... a sorcerous Psion, a clerical Psion, and so on.

omedon

First Post
Tiefling

You say psionics got the shaft. I am just wondering, have you read If Thoughts Could Kill? My guess is that if you haven't it probably fixes a lot of problems that you mave with the new system.

Remove ads