Psionic Talent

hornedturtle

First Post
I just want to make sure I understand this feat correctly, the first time i take it the character gets 2pp and the second a additional 3pp for a total of 5 bonus pp. Instead of 2 for the first and 1 additional from the second for a total of 3pp.

Ungruush

First Post
hornedturtle said:
I just want to make sure I understand this feat correctly, the first time i take it the character gets 2pp and the second a additional 3pp for a total of 5 bonus pp. Instead of 2 for the first and 1 additional from the second for a total of 3pp.

As far as i read it, it goes like this, assuming you take the feat every chance you get...

1st - 2PP
3rd - 3PP
6th - 4PP

...and so on. its a poor way to add power points to your reserve, but it works

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Well, that's 3 feats for 9 PP, and the next is another 6... it can add up. The main use would be to combine with Psionic Body, so you're at least getting 2/3 a Toughness feat with each selection as well.

Zelc

First Post
StreamOfTheSky said:
Well, that's 3 feats for 9 PP, and the next is another 6... it can add up. The main use would be to combine with Psionic Body, so you're at least getting 2/3 a Toughness feat with each selection as well.
That's three feats for the equivalent of an extra 5th level spell slot, or four feats for the equivalent of an extra 8th level spell slot. Unless you really have no better feats to take (metapsionics, Improved Initiative, Psicrystal Affinity, Expanded Knowledges, etc.), it's probably not advisable.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
hornedturtle said:
I just want to make sure I understand this feat correctly, the first time i take it the character gets 2pp and the second a additional 3pp for a total of 5 bonus pp.
This is correct.

As others have pointed out, it's usually not optimal, but it's not terrible either. A 1st level Human Psion who took Psionic Body and Psionic Talent twice would have 10 + Con bonus HP and more than double the usual Power Points for his level.

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads