WotBS Psionics in WOTBS

mdusty

Explorer
OK...so most of my new group wants to play a psionics character. How are they affected by the Scourge? Is Ragesia after psionics as well as arcane/divine casters? The books don't exactly say, or I haven't been able to find it. I use the psionics is different than magic rules.

If you want to use "psionics are different," I'd have Ragesia be just trying to kill psychics, rather than take them prisoner. Psions are of no use to them for their plans, but they still possess dangerous power. Also, Leska would want to make sure no one is around with skills to know how to deal with the trillith.

I'm using "psionics are the same as magic" rules so the party's psion doesn't feel left out of the Scourge.

I'm also having psionics as a very new type of magic that suddenly started appearing in the vicinity of Gate Pass for reasons that will (hopefully) become apparent to the party once they go back to the City in adventure 9.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
With "psionics different," my first impulse would be to say that you're going to have retool quite a few of the encounters. None of the encounters are set up with psionic characters in mind; they're all meant to challenge parties wielding magic. I'd make sure you had at least one encounter per session where psionics, not magic, is a factor, otherwise you run the risk, at the very least, of your characters having abilities they never get to use (draining power points, for example). Trillith especially should pack some serious psionic punch, as Ryan alludes to above.

If psionics are the same as magic, your task becomes a little bit easier, but I'd still toss in a genuinely psionic opponent here and there just to make sure the psion stays interested and involved.

Good luck!

mdusty

Explorer
yeah, i definitely will be retooling the trillith to be psionic as well as npc's like crystin and kathor will be psionic instead of sorcerers as the books suggest.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases