Psionics only campaign?

dbm

Savage!
Hello all,
a good friend of mine is planning a new campaign and wants to try something a little different. One of the ideas we are kicking around is to only have psioncs (XPH) in the world and no magic. Has anyone tried this in the past? How did it go down? Any thoughts on this concept in general?

Cheers,
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferrix

Explorer
I'm actually running a primarily psionics only game here on the play-by-post boards called The Mythar Resistance. It's my first time running a game focused on psionics but you can check it out if you want, it's linked in my signature thread.

I find the one problem with psionic games if you that is the only thing you change is that healing becomes that much harder to come by. I shifted to the Vitality/Wound system as it allows characters to recover quicker from the more common vitality damage but at the same time making criticals that much more important regardless of level.

Diirk

First Post
healing is a bit more risky and costly, but its still feasible.. with that "transfer wounds to me" power and the self heal power. Not sure that I'd necessarily want to try that in combat tho, and defiantely not if things are hitting for close to my max hp per round.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
This is less of a rules question and more a general discussion question, so I'll shift it over--you'll probably get more input, too!

Psion

Adventurer
You may want to look at the Sengehirn PrC over on the wizard's site mind's eye feature. It is specifcially intended to fill the healing hole in such a campaign.

dbm

Savage!
Thanks for the input. I'm going to post a follow-up question on using prestige version of paladin/ranger/bard with psionics.

Cheers,
Dan

Remove ads