• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus #1 - The Comic Book is now available (as a PDF too!)

Jaws

First Post
TresGeek said:
The only down side was that 10 of the 32 pages were advertisements. Is that normal for comics these days?
32 has been the norm for quite a while. 22 to 23 for story (depends if there is a letters page or not).
Will we be reading more about her in either The Big Book or any other Ptolus releases?
From a preview, she will be in the big book (the preview has the sword doing dimension door instead of haste).

http://www.ptolus.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?mpress_Ptolus_preview1 Check out the last pdf.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
“PTOLUS is an incredible property with a huge fanbase,” said Les Dabel, Vice President and New Business Director of DB Pro. “So we wanted to have something special to offer to the fans before the book goes to print. We’re all tremendous fans of Caanan White’s work on this title, and we know he’s going to become a fan favorite quickly.”

How can Ptolus have a huge fanbase when it isn't even out yet?

teitan

Legend
I liked the writing on this issue, it teased us with an interesting set up to a quality story. My disappointment was the artwork. While it was rendered in a very gorgeous manner, the storytelling was rather bland and too straightforward. The artwork wasn't interesting to look at and it seemed like the artist could only draw from certain angles. The colours were amazing though and really helped the artwork to stand out. I can't wait for no. 2.

J

Jaws

First Post
Yellow Sign said:
How can Ptolus have a huge fanbase when it isn't even out yet?
Because Monte has been posting about it since April 28, 2001.

http://www.montecook.com/archive_ptolus.html

The Banewarrens adventure totally takes place in Ptolus. Every Malhavoc Press product by Monte has a little bit of Ptolus in it.

It was launched as a 2nd edition AD&D campaign. As the new 3.0 D&D edition evolved, Ptolus was used through various drafts of the playtest rules as well.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Glyfair

Explorer
TresGeek said:
The only down side was that 10 of the 32 pages were advertisements. Is that normal for comics these days?
Pretty much. The concentration of them at the end of the book just makes it stand out. That and the pacing. perhaps.

Hungerswords appeared in the Complete Book of Eldritch Might (originally in Book of Eldritch Might II, I think).

Sheva is a character in the setting book (many of the characters in the comic are).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads