• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Published adventures that do not require a DM

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Knight of the Living Dead (TSR 8422 - set in the Forgotten Realms)
Faerie Mound of Dragonkind (TSR 8420 - set in a generic world)
Gnomes 100, Dragons 0 (TSR ???? - set in Dragonlance)

I believe there was also a fourth, but I can't remember the name

...ah, found it - The Final Bug (TSR 8230 - Top Secret adventure)
I can't believe that I somehow forgot about Gnomes 100 - Dragons 0. I mean, I still own it. It's right there in my bookshelf. The others, not so much. :eek:

kitsune9

Adventurer
If I'm going to play a solo adventure, I'd play Dragon Age or Skyrim. I think solo adventures a bit dated, but that's just me.

Li Shenron

Legend
If I'm going to play a solo adventure, I'd play Dragon Age or Skyrim. I think solo adventures a bit dated, but that's just me.

Well I don't know about dated but certainly it's a bit sad... but at the moment I don't have time to commit to prepare and run an adventure, and apparently no one else of friends want either, so I'm looking for an option that could bring us together one evening or two without prior preparation, and just play.

Truename

First Post
There was a solo adventure in one of the early 4e-era Dungeons as well. I don't remember which one, but I do remember that it was combat-focused, as the WotC adventures tended to be at that time.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
And, of course, there are the Fighting Fantasy, Sorcery! and Lone Wolf books. All of which are back, either in reprints (and new volumes) or as iOS apps. Not D&D, but a close approximation, to be sure.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads